RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro 32BA

Wife and I just got back from looking at a few Motorhomes and strangely enough my wife chose a 2004 Tiffin Allegro 32BA gasser that was also the cheapest, wondered for a minute who was impersonating my wife.
Any who, yes misspelt on purpose, this unit is on the Workhorse chassis and has 62,000 miles on it.
Currently doing research on this type of model to see if it is worth it, so as a part of that, I am asking if anyone on this forum has any info good or bad on this vehicle.
It is currently being cleaned up and my wife will want the seating reupholstered in leather, may need to add a satellite if that is even worth it.
If we do go with it should I get them to add a steering stabilizer, does this kind of chassis need any type of suspension upgrades ?
Any info will be appreciated.

Dermec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #2

We owned 2004 Allegro Bay 37DB on Workhorse W22 chassis, it definitely needed the steering stabilizer. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #3

I Have the Same Coach

I have same model/year. All has been exceptionally good. Have considered a steering stabilizer but my unit drives so well after adding Koni shocks, I can't find a reason to.
The only thing my wife and I do not like is the shower size. We are both small folks and still find the space tight. Please feel free to PM if you have specific questions.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh Shoot

Well, it looks like we are going to take the plunge, Called my CU about a loan for the 2004 Allegro 32BA that we looked at last weekend and when they called me back I had that Oh shoot moment, or something similar to that, as my CU approved for the full amount, so now we REALLY have to make a decision, called the dealer and told them, so will go to see them this weekend, might have to get the couch, dining seats, passenger and drivers seat reupholstered as they all still have the original grey fabric, which the wife doesn't like, so leather or leatherette it will be I think.
Dealer is going to put new tires all around on it, said they will be Hankook or Yokohama, if I want Michelins would have to pay the difference, also comes with a 12/12 Easycare plan included, will have to research that as I am not sure what that will include.
Tomorrow got to call my insurance company and get a requote from them as well as Geico and maybe Liberty Mutual.
So Saturday we will see.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #5
BEC

Owned a 2005 30 same as yours just shorter. 5 years later traded for 2012 tga. If you make short stays a great coach. I put in flat screen in front on wall mount that would allow me to move tv front pax corner and recline driver seat for viewing. DW had the sofa. Very loud engine on warm days in the hills but ran great. Enjoy it.
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
BEC

Oh, she may not like the fabric but it wears like iron
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:40 AM   #7

Insurance

I have used Progressive for the 6 years I have owned my 32BA. Contacted my insurer at the time, Liberty Mutual, and they will only insure for replacement value. That is nice but costs are high. Progressive does Actual Cost Value which is a better situation for me. FYI, I had one claim with Progressive and it was handled extremely well and to my satisfaction.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you

Thank you everyone, we will see on Saturday and go from there, my current insurance co. is too high so will get quote from others, have heard that Progressive raises there rates a lot when one makes one claim but I'll call them to see.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #9

Progressive

Dermec, When I filed my claim with Progressive in first year of ownership, my rate went up $50 per year. It has gone done the last 4 years in a row since then. I assume it is due to the declining value.
Let us know how you make out.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
It's done.

Rut Ro , we went to look at the Allegro again yesterday and went on a test drive, I didn't drive as not insured so the saleslady, Gena, did, and it was not as loud as I was expecting, according to my DB app it averaged about 87 Decibels, of course was louder when accelerating and going up a rise like going up an overpass to go from 610 to Hwy 59, I say rise as we don't have hills in Houston
Dealer has replaced both of the old TV's with newer flat screens and replaced the mattress, added wood floors, think they are wood laminate, but with my wife's allergies better than carpet, still has carpet in the driving area and slides though, they are going to put new tires all around.
Couple of little items still need fixing which they will do over the next week or so and then we will go back, probably the week of Nov 5th, and spend the day learning to drive and using the vehicle to make sure all appliances etc. work, anything that doesn't they will fix before we drive off the lot.
I did take pictures but I have either left my Go Pro at their office, in the MH itself or lost it, but will post when I find it or take more, but we think we have got a decent deal for a first motorhome.
Time to start getting the accessories, sewer hose, water hose, water regulator, surge protector etc.
So I guess, let the money pit life of rving begin
Old 10-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #11

Noise Level

I know folks comment how loud the engine noise. Either I have an exceptional coach which is very quiet or I am deaf. Even when the fan comes on, my wife and I can still have a conversation at normal levels.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:37 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
pics

Thought I would post a couple of pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0952.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	224469

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0948.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	224470

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0953.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	224471
Old 10-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #13

Very Nice

Dermec,
I hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed ours. Since we have the same exact coach, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Tim
Old 11-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
I hope you enjoy your 32BA,
I have a 2005, we have stayed in it as long as 48 months full time to see if it would work for us, or do we trade up.
The graphics look very good, are they applied or have they been painted on.
I just noticed that the typical tiffin seal and other Allegro labels are not there.
I have had Progressive on RV's since 2000, I have shopped, cannot find anyone that can beat my agents pricing. The sticker on side appears to be workhorse, if it is, please check that all factory recalls have been handled, especially to brake recall.
I have made all lot of upgrades, koni shocks, steering stabl, surge protection, front and rear sumo springs.
I am very happy with our unit, have had only very minor problems (handled at factory), engine noise is an acceptable level, genny is the loudest.
Just my 2 cents worth.

rvharry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro