RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
FR3

Allegro 34PA stackable washer/dryer installation

Does anyone know the factory installed dryer vent location in a 34PA? I just bought a 2018 34PA and am installing the Splendide stackable set. The Ideal location would be directly opposite the vent on the dryer, but their is metal in the sidewall in that location. The next question is how do you install the dryer vent as there is no way to access it. I suppose you could clamp the flexible duct on the slide wall side and then, as you are about to slide the dryer in, clamp it on the dryer and slide it back, hoping the ducting collapses on itself without kinking.... What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It should be prewired and ducted from the factory. Look on the outside and locate the vent. How are you going to get the washer and dryer into the bedroom?

Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am sure that Tiffin installs the washer/dryer to the slide before installing the slide into the MH. That said, if you declined the option as-built, Tiffin probably didn't put the cutout in the slide wall. You will have to do that or find someone to do it for you if you are not comfortable doing that yourself. I would imagine you can get the vent cover/flapper from Tiffin.

Any particular reason why you didn't have Tiffin do the install at new make?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
FR3

I bought the coach 'off the lot', and it did not have the washer dryer option. It is pre-wired and pre-plumbed but no dryer vent or indication where the vent should go.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3 View Post
I bought the coach 'off the lot', and it did not have the washer dryer option. It is pre-wired and pre-plumbed but no dryer vent or indication where the vent should go.
OK. I presume you have already verified that the water supply/drain plumbing and electrical wiring and breakers were preinstalled? I know that on mine (built to order with no outside TV, front TV or satellite dish) that Tiffin built the front PS slide with no wiring or cutout for the outside TV. So once I made the decision to forego that option, there was no turning back. In fact, Red Bay called me a couple of times after the order was submitted to make sure I knew what I was doing. Might be different with yours, but for sure you don't have the hole or hardware for the vent installed. Make sure you verify the rest of the stuff is there.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You did say it was pre-plumbed and pre-wired, didn't you. Sorry about that. So I think that all you need is the Tiffin vent hardware. Possibly if you gave Tiffin a call they could give you dimensions for the hole and a way to properly locate it. They are normally pretty helpful like that. Good luck.

Tags
allegro, install