Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #1

Allegro 36LA Ceramic Tile option

We ordered a 36LA that is scheduled for build in Red Bay in a couple more weeks. I just saw tonight when I was looking at the online brochure, that ceramic floor tile has been added to the website's brochure as an available option on this model only. Nothing was said about this being an available option at the time we ordered, nor was it listed on the build sheet option list.
Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to contact my dealer tomorrow, but just curious if anyone else has any info?
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhouse View Post
We ordered a 36LA that is scheduled for build in Red Bay in a couple more weeks. I just saw tonight when I was looking at the online brochure, that ceramic floor tile has been added to the website's brochure as an available option on this model only. Nothing was said about this being an available option at the time we ordered, nor was it listed on the build sheet option list.
Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to contact my dealer tomorrow, but just curious if anyone else has any info?
We had ceramic tile in our Safari Trek motor home. It looked great! ...but.... it was COLD to walk on when temps were low -- don't ever drop glass on it -- and it added about 800 pounds to our 30 foot coaches GVW -- 800 pounds that I would rather have chosen to load myself.

But if it interests you, go for it.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Call the Tiffin Sales department in Red Bay. They can give you the information you are asking for far faster then going through your dealer.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
paz

Quote:
Not sure why it's only available on that model because the 34TGA, 35QBA and 36LA are all on the 24,000 lb. GVWR chassis. Maybe it's because the 35TA only has 2 slides and is therefore lighter than the 34TGA and 35QBA. Even so, I would hesitate buying ceramic tile on any gas coach because of the high weight.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I noticed this the other day as well. I also did not see it on the build sheet. My concerns are also the same as the others in that it could add considerable weight. If you contact Tiffin and get some information it would be appreciated if you could share your findings. I'd sure like to know.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #6

I haven't called Red Bay. Thought about it today and decided I really don't want the tile. For all reasons stated; weight and the coldness. I don't know what the cost is either, but it is something we will forego.
We are heading to Red Bay for our coach build on the 26th and will inquire while there and post any info I garner.
Thanks for your input everyone!
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote