Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro 36la no tow vehicle lights

I have a 2014 Allegro 36la. When I went to connect the cable from my tow Jeep to the motorhome as I have done many times before. The lights on the Jeep didn't work like they always had before. No turn signals, brake lights. There was no juice going to the 7 prong connector on the motor home. Is there a fuse located somewhere in the motorhome that is associated with trailer plug? If so does anyone know where it is located?
miked59299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:33 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
How about the running lights? If you have no lights at all I would check the ground connections.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I believe the fuses for the lights on a Ford Chassis are up front, under the "hood" and about midline of the coach. Look for a rectangular plastic box mounted high on the radiator.

If that isn't it, call Tiffin Service and ask them.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the reply's. All light are working on the motorhome. Running lights brake turn signals, etc. . Also all the lights work on the Jeep. But when I hook the electrical cable to the Jeep from the motorhome and step on the motorhome brakes or turn the turn signals on none of the rear lights on the Jeep come on.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked59299 View Post
Thanks for the reply's. All light are working on the motorhome. Running lights brake turn signals, etc. . Also all the lights work on the Jeep. But when I hook the electrical cable to the Jeep from the motorhome and step on the motorhome brakes or turn the turn signals on none of the rear lights on the Jeep come on.
Open the connectors on each end of your umbilical cord and look for any possible loose wire connections. It has happened to me a couple of times.

If a screw comes all the way out it can short between two connection poles causing a blown fuse.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
If you have a 12 volt test light open the flap on the 7 pin connector on the motor home. Find a good ground and then test the pins to see if you get voltage. The pins are marked so they are easy to identify. If you get voltage then hook your test light to the ground on the 7 pin connector and retest. Be careful not to touch the ground and one of the other pins at the same time you could blow a fuse. I f your test light gets voltage there then the problem is most likely in thr 7 pin connector on the jeep.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #7

I had a similar problem and it turned out I just needed a new electrical cord for the hook up between MH and Jeep. Dave
Old 08-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks again for the help. Problem solved. Fuse panel is under the dash drivers side. Replaced number 22 fuse which had a blown 20 amp fuse. Checked both ends of the tow electrical cable. Found the smaller end the one that goes to the Jeep had a wire come loose and had touched the wire next to it and had blown the 20 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and fixed the trailer plug end and lights work perfect.

Tags
light, lights, tow