Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1

Allegro Breeze Basement outlet not working

2011 Breeze,
After having the main breaker tripped on the Gen. due to not turning off the rear air when using the Gen. My GFI's tripped for the bathroom that also controlled all the outlets in the kitchen. But the BASEMENT OUTLETS are also not working. I have looked the motorhome over and over, can not find were to reset those outlets. Its the outlets for the basement that plugs in the vacuum on the drivers side, plus the one on the passenger side basement, plus the one at the passenger seat in the wall
Does anyone know where the heck the reset for those are. and no, its not a breaker in the breaker box, they have all been flipped and reset more than once.
Ducatifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
There are two possibilities. The first is that you have another GFI outlet somewhere in the basement area that you have missed; and second, the outlets that you currently have a problem with are daisy chained together and you have a wire off in the first outlet in that series.

You could head over to the Tiffin RV Network (tiffinrvnetwork.com) and ask other Breeze owners for some help. Your question is more likely to be seen on that forum.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatifast View Post
2011 Breeze,
After having the main breaker tripped on the Gen. due to not turning off the rear air when using the Gen. .......
Have you checked the engine block heater outlet in the DS rear electrical bay? Don't know whether it's GFI, but might be worth a look.

Also have a question about your question as we have a Breeze as well. Are you implying that you can't use both AC's when running the generator, or rather that turning off the generator with the rear AC still running caused your problem?

Thanks and good luck with your problem, rick p
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #4

I was told I could only run one Air conditioner at a time when using the Generator on the Breeze. I forgot to turn off the rear air and had them both running on the Generator and it caused the Main breaker on the Generator its self to flip. When it did, it tripped the GFI in the bathroom than also controlled the ones in the kitchen. But its also when all the outlets in the basement stopped working as well. So I have been looking for another GFI that may control them. its the outlet for vacuum/driver basement, outlet in the passenger basement storage and the outlet next to the passengers seat inside the couch.
The outlets in the engine area, for block heater and another for battery maintenance charger for the main engine is working fine.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #5

Yes, I have realized that its one of those two problems, I just was hopping someone would know of a GFI i was missing, but I have emptied the basement, looked everywhere for one. I suppose it could be a wire loose, but seems strange I flipped the main breaker on the gen and it caused a my GFI to trip for the bathroom and kitchen and a wire came off one of one in the basement at the same time is why I have been looking for another GFI somewhere.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know about the Breeze, but in the Phaeton, in the furthest back bay in the middle up against the ceiling there are three AC plugs that are tucked in and hard to see, use a good flashlight.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #7

Ducatifast,

Suggest you post your question on in Tiffin forums at A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login.

Can also call the factory but that won't help you over the holiday.

Interesting about your single AC advice, as I've run both ACs on the generator many times without issue.
Could be that I've just been lucky. Please post your solution when you get it figured out.

Good luck, rick p
Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #8

Hi,
I had a similar problem in my 28 BR. I had no central vac working. I reset all the breakers and still had no vac. I took my volt meter to the basement and measured the voltage in the GFI plug, that the vac. was plugged into. There was no voltage. I went back to the breakers and sure enough, I didn't reset the GFI breaker correctly. Once you turn it off you must PUSH IT UP to reset it. Hope this helps.
BobandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #9

I have a 32ft 2012 Breeze and use both AC units all the time. I have not issues. In fact the bedroom AC dropped the temperature down to 65 when closed the doorway. The only issue I had was with an inverter going bad. I replaced with the same one, only to find that the Zantrex 450 had two blown fuses. The company said they are not serviceable. I will be reassembling it in the next few days and replacing the fuses 25 amp fuses to see if the Zantrex unit is working okay. I believe it is because it doesn't appear that burnt.

Fred J
Southern Calif
2012 32ft Breeze
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I had similar problem on my Phaeton. Found a GFI under the main sink had tripped and shut off power to a/c socket in the bay below.