RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
At the Pittsburgh RV show in January of 2007, Shelly and I walked into numerous brands of motorhomes, but of all the rigs we went in, the two that we the most were the Tiffin Phaeton and Allegro Bus. Since that show last January, we've looked at the Winnebago products further as we considered buying either a Winnebago Tour or Vectra, but the every time we compared those units to the Tiffin products we preferred them.

Finally after spending many hours looking over floor plans, specifications, options and test driving motorhomes, we've placed our order for a 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP. The 43QRP is a brand new Allegro Bus floor plan and is a blend of the popular Allegro Bus 42QRP and the Phaeton 42QRH. One of the features we like of the 43QRP is the spaciousness offered by putting the refridgerator in the slideout which gives room for a centrally located TV. The location of the TV in the hutch at the center of the coach put it at a comfortable viewing height. The 43QRP can also be outfitted with an additional TV above the dash if desired, but we felt that was a bit redundant for our needs.

Since the 43QRP is a new floor plan it isn't available on the Tiffin site yet, but you can see the floorplan below thanks to Cruzer.

Allegro Bus 43QRP

The process of ordering the rig was fairly easy thanks to Brian, Steve and Randy at Clem's Trailer Sales. Since Clem's had an Allegro Bus and a Phaeton at the Pittsburgh RV show, and I had researched the new floorplan via the internet, we knew what options and features we wanted on the new motorhome. All that need to be done was to sit down and work out a price. Brian, the sales manager at Clem's along with the personal attention of Randy the owner made the deal happen painlessly. I really applaud them for a fair bottom line price without all the sales pitches and pricing games I've run into elsewhere.

Since I was selling my Winnebago Journey, Steve at Clem's was very helpful in aiding me in closing the sale with the buyer of the Journey who resided out of state. Once all the formalities of signing over the Journey to the new owner occurred and the payment was received, the actual act of ordering the rig occurred.

Today, December 10th is the day the order goes in, so we expect to receive an official delivery date of 10-12 weeks. Within the next two weeks, Clem's will receive an actual schedule of the build dates for our coach, and we can mark those dates on the calendar.

Another item that I felt Clem's did a good job on and will continue to do is keeping in touch with me. It will be interesting to track the progress of the motorhome through the order and production process.

Stay tuned for updates as we learn more about the building of the 43 QRP. It's going to be e long wait until Spring.

Below is the list of options and features chosen for our motorhome to give a feel for the unit.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Spartan Chassis with Cummin 425 HP ISL Engine
Sunlit Sand Full Body Paint
Summer Wind Interior
Natural Cherry Wood Interior Cabinets
Hydraunic Heating System
HWH Automatic Jacks
Residential Refrigerator w/ Inverter & Solar Panel
Slide-Out Storage Tray
32" Exterior Television (Mounted in Slide Out)
3000 Pro Sine Inverter
Dishwasher- Drawer Type
Stacked Washer/ Dryer
Extended Drop Down Awning
Glazed Hutch Cocoa
Paint Protective Film
Dual MCD Windshield Shade
Ultra Leather DE Sofa Sleeper-Pass Side
Leather Air Coil Hide-A-Bed Sofa Sleeper-Driver side
Free Standing Dinette w/ Built-In Cabinets
Queen Bed
High Def TV Antenna[/list]

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
At the Pittsburgh RV show in January of 2007, Shelly and I walked into numerous brands of motorhomes, but of all the rigs we went in, the two that we the most were the Tiffin Phaeton and Allegro Bus. Since that show last January, we've looked at the Winnebago products further as we considered buying either a Winnebago Tour or Vectra, but the every time we compared those units to the Tiffin products we preferred them.

Finally after spending many hours looking over floor plans, specifications, options and test driving motorhomes, we've placed our order for a 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP. The 43QRP is a brand new Allegro Bus floor plan and is a blend of the popular Allegro Bus 42QRP and the Phaeton 42QRH. One of the features we like of the 43QRP is the spaciousness offered by putting the refridgerator in the slideout which gives room for a centrally located TV. The location of the TV in the hutch at the center of the coach put it at a comfortable viewing height. The 43QRP can also be outfitted with an additional TV above the dash if desired, but we felt that was a bit redundant for our needs.

Since the 43QRP is a new floor plan it isn't available on the Tiffin site yet, but you can see the floorplan below thanks to Cruzer.

Allegro Bus 43QRP

The process of ordering the rig was fairly easy thanks to Brian, Steve and Randy at Clem's Trailer Sales. Since Clem's had an Allegro Bus and a Phaeton at the Pittsburgh RV show, and I had researched the new floorplan via the internet, we knew what options and features we wanted on the new motorhome. All that need to be done was to sit down and work out a price. Brian, the sales manager at Clem's along with the personal attention of Randy the owner made the deal happen painlessly. I really applaud them for a fair bottom line price without all the sales pitches and pricing games I've run into elsewhere.

Since I was selling my Winnebago Journey, Steve at Clem's was very helpful in aiding me in closing the sale with the buyer of the Journey who resided out of state. Once all the formalities of signing over the Journey to the new owner occurred and the payment was received, the actual act of ordering the rig occurred.

Today, December 10th is the day the order goes in, so we expect to receive an official delivery date of 10-12 weeks. Within the next two weeks, Clem's will receive an actual schedule of the build dates for our coach, and we can mark those dates on the calendar.

Another item that I felt Clem's did a good job on and will continue to do is keeping in touch with me. It will be interesting to track the progress of the motorhome through the order and production process.

Stay tuned for updates as we learn more about the building of the 43 QRP. It's going to be e long wait until Spring.

Below is the list of options and features chosen for our motorhome to give a feel for the unit.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Spartan Chassis with Cummin 425 HP ISL Engine
Sunlit Sand Full Body Paint
Summer Wind Interior
Natural Cherry Wood Interior Cabinets
Hydraunic Heating System
HWH Automatic Jacks
Residential Refrigerator w/ Inverter & Solar Panel
Slide-Out Storage Tray
32" Exterior Television (Mounted in Slide Out)
3000 Pro Sine Inverter
Dishwasher- Drawer Type
Stacked Washer/ Dryer
Extended Drop Down Awning
Glazed Hutch Cocoa
Paint Protective Film
Dual MCD Windshield Shade
Ultra Leather DE Sofa Sleeper-Pass Side
Leather Air Coil Hide-A-Bed Sofa Sleeper-Driver side
Free Standing Dinette w/ Built-In Cabinets
Queen Bed
High Def TV Antenna[/list]

Old 12-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Congrats, Joe, on the pending purchase. Everything I have seen shows it will be a beautiful rig.
It's time to change your signature now!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Great news, Joe! From Bill's photos & seeing the brochures on Tiffin's website, it sure looks like one beautiful rig. Plus, there doesn't seem to be anyone that has anything bad to say about Tiffins. I'm SO excited for you, Shelly & the kids. I'm sure spring can't come fast enough for you now.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Congatulations Joe!

Have you thought about step-by-step photos of the manufacturing process (Like Bill's two Showhaulers)?

gm
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers

Congratulations!

Hope to catch up with you next summer at one of the get togethers.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Joe,
I wish you luck with your new MH, hopefully you will be as happy as many of our other members!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrat's Joe! Sounds like a great coach and I'm sure you and the family will enjoy it. Why not head down to Red Bay and watch them build it????
Old 12-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

That's great Joe. I know you are going to enjoy that coach. That idea about going to see it built is a great one. That's the only thing I regret about getting my 42QRP. I really wish I could have been there, at least for the 4 days of basic assembly. Once you get your build date in 2 weeks (they come out on Tuesdays) you'll be able to nail down exactly which days it'll be on the line. They'll let you follow it right through the build process and you'll make some friends. You don't get a discount for helping though. If you want to know exactly how the schedule is laid out check out John Grant's excellent minute by minute itinerary at This Link.

Plus, you get to visit the Coon Dog Cemetery in Red Bay (yes, it's for real).
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I really would like to go to Red Bay to see the building process used by Tiffin. I had the opportunity to take the Winnebago factory tour and would like to do the same at Tiffin, but being the working guy that I am, I hate to spend the precious vacation time at the factory. I typically save those days for travelinjg with the family.

The program that Tiffin has to let owners watch the building of their rig seems really nice. I may have to think about spending a little time Red Bay .
Old 12-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #11

Congratulations! Nice Christmas present - eh?

Lucy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ultra Leather DE Sofa Sleeper-Pass Side </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, since the opposing couch is a pull out sleeper, I am thinking the couch on the passenger side is a "jack-knife" couch?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #13
paz

Joe, congrats on ordering the new coach!

Wow! You can really see Tiffin's popularity growing. Your delivery is 10-12 weeks. The delivery for our Bay was only 6 weeks back in 2005 and I think that was before they made improvements to the manufacturing lines. Our first coach came in wrong so they put a rush on the second one and got it done in only 4 weeks, but that's another story.

You really need to go to Red Bay. We have been there twice - once before we ordered our Bay and again last year just for fun. We may go again this spring on our way north to check things out again.

We also took a Winnebago tour last year and we felt we spent most of our time on a bus with the tour guide telling us what was being done inside the buildings as we drove past. The Tiffin tour will be nothing like that. At Red Bay, you are right down on the factory floor most of the time. The poor workers have to wait patiently for the tour group to pass so they can get back to work. Red (the tour guide) will lead the tour in an entirely different direction if someone asks a question about something not on the regular route. It feels like you are a family member. If you can find out your build dates and visit during that time, they will help you find your coach on the line.

We also bought from Clem's and found them to be very straight forward, no pressure, and easy to deal with.

Best wishes on your new coach.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ultra Leather DE Sofa Sleeper-Pass Side </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, since the opposing couch is a pull out sleeper, I am thinking the couch on the passenger side is a "jack-knife" couch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,
The couch on the passenger side is called a DE Sofa Sleeper. I'm not sure what the DE stands for, but it is what I'd call a jack knife sofa.

The drivers couch can be ordered with the optional "Air coil Hide-A-Bed" which is the sofa that opens up like a conventional sofa bed with a thin mattress with built in air mattress on top.

In our family, two will sleep on the queen size hide-a-bed, and one on the passenger side jack knife. With the floor plan of the 43QRP, the jack knife sofa is 84" so there's plenty of length for sleeping. If you recall, my Journey only had a 60" jack knife sofa so it was getting to small as the kids grew.