RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #1

Allegro open road

Is there a difference between Aa allegro and an allegro open road? I've seen both and wondered , am about to buy an open road. Thanks. Doug

Smsudad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There used to be an Allegro Bay model, which I think was a bit more upscale than the Open Road. I don't see it (the Bay) listed on the Tiffin web site any longer.

For a few years now they've put the Allegro name on their "RED" series (rear engine diesel) and before that their FRED (front engine diesel) and now the Breeze also carries the Allegro prefix as does even their big Bus.

We had an '07 Open Road 34TGA which we enjoyed very much. It just wasn't big enough for our full time retirement plans.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
To respond to your question: No! I owned a 2004 Allegro 32BA for nearly 10 years. Now I have a 2012 Allegro 34TGA "Open Road" coach. The Allegro Open Road line is Tiffins entry level gas motorhome, although it sure is not built like an entry level rig, rather a more expensive model. Tiffins Allegro Breeze is their down sized diesel pusher that is now in its 3rd or 4th year of production. The Allegro Bus is their top of the line coach just a step down from the Zephyr.

The Allegro name is what put Tiffin Motorhomes on the map and is still considered to be their flagship line IMHO.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
To respond to your question: No! I owned a 2004 Allegro 32BA for nearly 10 years. Now I have a 2012 Allegro 34TGA "Open Road" coach. The Allegro Open Road line is Tiffins entry level gas motorhome, although it sure is not built like an entry level rig, rather a more expensive model. Tiffins Allegro Breeze is their down sized diesel pusher that is now in its 3rd or 4th year of production. The Allegro Bus is their top of the line coach just a step down from the Zephyr.

The Allegro name is what put Tiffin Motorhomes on the map and is still considered to be their flagship line IMHO.
I have a 2011 32' open rd and am trying to get the compartment doors
on the drivers side 4] to open wider with no success. how about yours are
they okay?
teddodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #5

Tiffin has always had a motorhome called by the name Allegro ( I think it is a registered trademark owned by Tiffin), which was the brainchild of Mrs. Bob Tiffin.

Many years ago, I think, they bought a company making an RV called Open Road, but Tiffin did not continue using that name. Within the last few years, Tiffin resumed using the "Open Road" name on their Allegro gassers to preserve the exclusive rights to the name they bought. Something about unused name trademarks expiring after 10 years.

If my memory of all this is faulty, I hope someone can correct me, but that is what I was told by someone at Tiffin.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddodd View Post
I have a 2011 32' open rd and am trying to get the compartment doors
on the drivers side 4] to open wider with no success. how about yours are
they okay?
All the compartment doors on my coach open and close properly. They all fully open except the one where the electrical cord is located. It is tethered a little shorter than the rest of them.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #7

compartment doors

Quote:
All the compartment doors on my coach open and close properly. They all fully open except the one where the electrical cord is located. It is tethered a little shorter than the rest of them.

how many slides do you you have?. does the compartments come out with the drivers slide? how can I be assured that the 2 stage will work on my rv?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #8

I have the 2007 Allegro Open Road. I installed the 2 stage struts on my electric / sewer door and they work great. You mentioned you also wanted to install then on you living room / dining room slide. My doors already opened up the same distance as the. 2 stage when I got it. I guess the previous owner may have put them on. I still have one more strut that I was going to puit on the rear rt compartment door, but when opened with the new strut installed it binds on the bottom of the slide, even when closed.

All I have to do now is connect and disconnect the rv with the slides closed and I no longer have to put on my knees pads. What a relief!
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
teddodd; sorry that I have not answered your question sooner, but I neglected to check on this topic. My coach has three slides. No compartments move when the slides come out, in fact, this gas coach has more than enough storage space.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

struts

Quote:
teddodd; sorry that I have not answered your question sooner, but I neglected to check on this topic. My coach has three slides. No compartments move when the slides come out, in fact, this gas coach has more than enough storage space.
tiffan seems to have a different setup for each rv produced. I don't think I have found one made the same as mine. will try to get a 2 step strut from them today.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to DavCor
Allegro Open Road coaches come in both diesel and gas powered engines. The Allegro Open Road is a gasser, and the Allergo Open Road RED (rear end diesel) is a diesel pusher. I know this why? Because I own an Open Road RED.

On the road in a Tiffin Allegro Red 34, with Blue Ox towing system. Reve, the cat, is Second Officer, who's duties are to lay quiet and do nothing. Donna, my bride, is the First Officer and Navigator . . . Dave drives.
DavCor is offline   Reply With Quote