Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

Allegro Open Road purchase

Looking for owner thoughts on pros and cons of allegro open road model Have opportunity to examine a 2010 35 foot 4 slideout gasser with 15000 miles. All opinions and advice re fair price and suggestions as to what issues we should look for are going to be helpful.

kmags on irv2 or email kmags62@gmail.com
kmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #2

we bought a 2012 32CA in 2014 with 6,500 miles on it. might see if owner will replace tires, if it still has originals on it ($3,400 for new ones). maybe have house batteries replaced. we had to have step motor replaced in late 2015. all things considered it should be in good condition. do a complete walk thru on everything. look on internet for pricing on similar models and make an offer. Dave
Old 02-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought a 2008 35QBA in January of 2015. It only had 11,000 miles on it. Everything was in great shape but we we did run into a few quirks.

1. Either due to lack of usage or maintenance the generator carb was gummed up. We had to have that replaced.
2. The bigger expense, even thought the tires were original and this was the first year of this model we had a vibration around 30 mph that went away. After taking it to a local guy to me who knows RV's suspension and ride inside and out he said it was our drive shafts. We took the RV to the Ford Dealer and they said all the angles were wrong and one of the 3 shafts was too short. They said either Ford made it wrong or Tiffin extended the frame wrong. Either way it took a bit but they got everything fixed and it runs smooth now.

Beyond that everything has worked great overall.

We also have to replace a step motor, within a day or two of getting home from our last trip this past fall the steps stopped working.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 02-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTallTom View Post

We also have to replace a step motor, within a day or two of getting home from our last trip this past fall the steps stopped working.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Just had my second step motor go out as well. I guess it is a pretty common occurrence.

But other than that, my 36LA has been practically flawless. Love it.

2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
"Enterprise"
Old 02-24-2016, 06:07 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tiffin Open Road

We bought a used 2014 Open Road last year and we love it! As usual it had some minor problems with all the manufacturers used by Tiffin. Why else would someone trade it in on a new one. All of which is not Tiffin fault. The Tiffin Parts dept is fantastic. They have sent me replacement parts with no questions asked as my MH is still under warranty. Make sure everything works and if it doesn"t then I hope you can repair it yourself. MH repairs are not cheap if you have to pay a mechanic or electrician for repairs.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #6

Have a 2012 and I am on my 3rd step motor. We just left tiffin in red bay and found out that there is a recall on Lippert Component steps.
jabastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #7

We have a 2014 35qba. It meets our needs very well. Between our great dealer and Red Bay, all of the "new" issues were taken care of. DW and I are just about to finish a four month trip. We really feel comfortable in our rig. The four slides give us plenty of space. The coach drives well in my opinion. We're planning a five month trip next winter. We'll be taking grandchildren on several trips this summer ranging from a few days to two weeks. Plenty of room for two adults and two kids. Go for it!
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase