Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #1

Allegro Open Road Suspension Improvement

I was at the Orlando Rally last week and saw a couple of vendors that had suspension products - they both had good products. I decided to go with Rally's "R" Us. Lucky I asked someone what the Rally's R US seminar was and they said suspensions, so I went to it. I had their front and rear sway bars and rear track bar installed. Front is a larger than factory bar and the rear is an additional bar behind differential. This system greatly improved the handling and most of the sway (95 to 98%) - what little sway that was left was stopped really quick. My findings are just what I experienced driving from Orlando to N. GA - interstate roads, Pilot Gas Stations, two lane city streets, two lane country roads, BBQ gravel parking lot - 600 miles over 2 days. Dave
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 04:39 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
thanks Dave... now I won't have to email you when we get home. I am glad it all worked out OK
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 AM   #3

Chuck what company makes the system you had on your front end. Dave
Old 03-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
SCS

Tiffin Owners Club
I installed the Safe T plus on the front end of our Open Road, best add on yet!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #5

I would have probably put the Safety T on also, but my piggy bank for rv's was almost empty after I got the suspension done. I did get the same tech to service my roadmaster sterling all-terrain tow bar. I have had the tow bar since 2008. Never had a problem with it, but was probably a good idea to replace all the plastic? washers and clean the tow arms. Dave
Old 03-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
Chuck what company makes the system you had on your front end. Dave
Dave... I have SteerSafe.com | Superior Steering Control I also had it on my previous coach. I thought it helped a good deal and was rather easy to self-install.
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #7

I also improved the steering of my 2007 Open Road with the installation of the Steer Safe. Being a former tech, I installed them in less than an hour with a battery powered impact gun (great tool to have for an rv). I was looking at the Safe T Steer, but the lifetime warranty on the Steer Safe was the deciding factor. My next suspension improvement will likely involve the installation of a sway and/or track bar.
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #8

IMHO the best suspension improvement you can make on the Ford chassis is the addition of SUMO SPRINGS. Tiffin now offers them as an option after testing. They are a little pricey and the rears are tougher to install then the fronts. I drove my coach for a year without them so I had a basis for comparison. They really control body roll and suspension travel for a more solid feel.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 AM   #9

I looked at Sumo also, but went with the sway bars. Maybe MH Magazine will do a test sometime on different ways to improve the Ford suspension. I guess having the product at the Rally and getting it installed right there helped me decide on which way to go. Dave
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
I installed the Safe T plus on the front end of our Open Road, best add on yet!
I find the above comment intriguing in that I have the same coach and have not seen the need for ANY suspension modification other than what Ford factory provided originally.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #11

Hope we made the right choices. Ordered a new Tiffin 35 QBA and will have a Jeep Cherokee for our TOAD.

We did order it with the Sumo option.

Any comments?

Thanks
jcbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:13 AM   #12

jcbron - I don't know if you have had other MH's, but you should be pleased with the Tiffin. Will the SUMO's be on front and rear, if only on rear I would recommend the front also, I have read about the SUMO's and sat thru a presentation at Orlando Tiffin Rally about the SUMO's. What finally helped me decide to get what I did was the vendor's price included installation and did it right at the rally. Dave
Old 04-03-2015, 06:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbron View Post
Hope we made the right choices. Ordered a new Tiffin 35 QBA and will have a Jeep Cherokee for our TOAD.

We did order it with the Sumo option.

Any comments?

Thanks
A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login
Read this thread on TRVN. There was not one Tiffin Owner who had them installed or ordered them that was dissatisfied with the Sumo's. I contacted Danny Inman at Tiffin before I installed them. He told me they did testing on them before they offered them as an option to make sure they worked as advertised. Both fronts and rears need to be done to realize the benefits, this is how Tiffin does it. They made a big difference in the handling of my coach.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #14

I tried without success to edit my above post to include a disclaimer.
Here it is: I do not have a business or investor relationship with Super Springs International the maker of Sumo Springs. Just a satisfied customer.

Tags
suspension