Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2019, 05:16 PM   #1

Allegro Red New Model

Has anyone visited the Tiffin web site and seen the new Allegro Red 340? It is being built on a PowerGlide chassis.
skitcharoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
I haven’t seen it on the Tiffin web site but I did see it at the Perry FMCA rally last week.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitcharoo View Post
Has anyone visited the Tiffin web site and seen the new Allegro Red 340? It is being built on a PowerGlide chassis.
We were at a RV show this past weekend and were looking at the RED 37PA and 33SA and the Tiffin rep told us about the new RED 340. I had not heard of them before and had not seen them on the web site. Similar floorplan to the RED 33sa just on a the PowerGlide chassis, 340 HP and the allison 2500 trans vs. Freightliner chassis, 360 hp and 3000 trans. Due to lighter weight there will probably be other changes between them but probably also come in a a lower price point. They of course did not have one available since they are brand new and not sure if there are any out there yet. If I remember correctly he said it would still be rated to tow 7500 lbs. Give Tiffin a lower entry point to diesel pusher category.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #4

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/allegro-red-340
Ddjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #5

Base on the 33AA from a May 2018 price list was $264,770. Base on a new 340 i recently saw was $236,000+. The new 340 has very few options available.
Ddjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #6
KJR

The kitchen design is different; single sink, Atwood stove vs Furrion. Looks like more counter space than Red 33.
A/C ducting is similar to other manufacturers except Newmar. Need to hear one running to see if it’s noisy.
Slides are raised over main floor. No carpet transition to get dirty or worn in living, dining and kitchen area. No Carpet in bedroom except doghouse.
Bathroom sink is drop in. Hope it’s not plastic. Not solid surface.
Combo washer dryer with shelves above in a corner cabinet. Prefer all storage but combo not a deal breaker.
Truma water heater which I like. Have one in my Airstream retrofitted and like it.
Straight railed chassis so I guess basement storage is less than raised rail
7500lb towing without eating up carrying capacity.
More affordable and hopefully more carrying capacity than Tiffins gas models.

I’m anxious to see one. Kinda wary about purchasing the first model year though.

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #7

looked at tiffin website info and everything looked good. probably a good unit for someone that would like a diesel that is closer in price to a gas model. Dave
Old 03-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #8

I thought, up till now, that the Powerglide chassis by Tiffin had Independent front suspension, but there was some comments that this new Red 340 doesn't. Would be interesting if anyone can verify that. Also the OCCC on the Red 33AA is pretty decent, but since the Red 340 had its Gross weight reduced to 28,000 lbs, or 4,000 lbs less than the 33AA, I wonder how much lighter the build is to maintain a decent OCCC. That would be another important consideration.
The wheel base remains small compared to overall lenght and witha straight axle, I wonder if those that find their 33AA a bit squirrely to handle at times will be the same with this new model.
Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
KJR

Linoleum floors instead of tile, Truma water heater vs a 10 gallon water heater will save some weight. Maybe the Powerglide chassis weighs less than a Freightliner chassis. Smaller fuel tank. Hopefully at least 3000lbs on NCC.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #10
KJR

No hydraulic jacks shown on the specs.

Tags
allegro