Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #1

allegro red opinions

My husband and I are close to making a deal on a '11 Allegro Red 34QFA.
I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?
I love the Tiffin quality...
Thanks in advance,
Beth
racryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I think they are a great coach. Check and double-check CCC on your model - some are tight. We have a Phaeton (built on the same line as the Red) and looked at a Red, and almost purchased a Red. We liked the upgrades on the Phaeton enough to move up, but it was close. I think there is a lot of value for the money in the Reds, and we have been super-pleased with Tiffin quality. We've only got 1500 miles on our coach (half of them from the delivery up to us from Red Bay) but it has worked very well. We've had minor issues. We've just taken our second trip (so only 6 nights out so far in total) but didn't find any new items for our list (our first list was taken care of very much to our satisfaction by our dealer). I think the Red and the Phaeton have a lot of similarities, so while we don't have a Red, I hope my post is helpful nonetheless. Oh, and do try to get down to the Red Bay factory while they build your unit- so cool!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We also love the Tiffin product. Looked hard at the Red but needed a bigger towing capacity for my truck. Very quality product and Tiffin backs what they sell. Agree to look closely at the CCC. good luck.
SW4UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #4

I'm new to all this "CCC" stuff....what is it & where can I find this info about a particular model?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #5

We purchased a 2010 RED 36QSA just over one year ago and love it. We had a gas Fleetwood Bounder for 12 years and this is our 3rd MH so we knew what our wants and needs were.
Awesome quality coach for the $$. Lots of load capacity for us.

FWIW - Allegro RED units have a GVWR of 29,500 lbs.
'Most' Phaeton units have a GVWR of 32,000 lbs.
Phaetons are rated to tow 10,000 lbs & REDs are 5,000 lbs.
This information can be found http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/pdf/...roREDSpecs.pdf
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
CCC is "cargo carrying capacity" in other words, make sure it can carry all the stuff you want to take along. You can determine the CCC by subtracting the empty vehicle weight from the gross combined vehicle weight (GCWR). This will tell you how much extra stuff it can haul including your tow vehicle.
SW4UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by racryf View Post
My husband and I are close to making a deal on a '11 Allegro Red 34QFA.
I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?
I love the Tiffin quality...
Thanks in advance,
Beth
Why the 34' instead of the 36' for the same money? I'm about to purchase one too.
OnNTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #8

We prefer the floorplan on the 34.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had a 2010 RED 36QSA since March 2010, 3500 miles and love it. Only suggestions when ordering is to get surround sound if you think you will ever need it. We bought off the dealer's lot with only the DVD thinking I would add surround sound later. BIG SUPPRISE !!! The plugs for surround sound are in the overhead passenger cabinet but they don't go anywhere - you will have to wire yourself. Also if you want CB, spend the $70 for the Tiffin wiring - Much cheaper than aftermarket wiring.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #10

I realize this string has some age but my wife and I are also trying to finalize our Tiffin choice. We are struggling a bit between the 32 Breeze and the 34 Red. Really like the Red but one major turn off is that since the bathroom door is in an area affected by the slides, you cannot readily get into the bathroom with the slides in. The 36 seems to solve that point. Anyone else care to comment

And yes, this is our first post but we have been scouring this site for owner input for weeks now. Thanks in advance to all that share there experience and wisdom. We are going to be Tiffin owners by the end of this month.
Dambuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #11

Dambuilder....we have a 2011 Breeze 32, and also looked at the RED 34 QFA...because we wanted the king size bed. And I know exactly what you are talking about re: getting in the bathroom with the slides in.
That was one reason we ended going with the Breeze, as sometimes we will stop for the night on the road and are unable to let out the slides. Would have been a no go for us in the RED...Love our Breeze but the RED would have been great too I'm sure if they had a different set-up in the hallway.
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've got the 36QSA. We just love it. The only down side we have found is that the windows are single pane. A little less insulation than double panes and not as quiet. The coach runs great, seems to have plenty of power and works for the two of us.
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar
Dambuilder....we have a 2011 Breeze 32, and also looked at the RED 34 QFA...because we wanted the king size bed. And I know exactly what you are talking about re: getting in the bathroom with the slides in.
That was one reason we ended going with the Breeze, as sometimes we will stop for the night on the road and are unable to let out the slides. Would have been a no go for us in the RED...Love our Breeze but the RED would have been great too I'm sure if they had a different set-up in the hallway.
That is the crux of our dilemma. Really like the 32 Breeze. If we are going RED, then it will have to be the 36 to gain unrestricted bathroom access. Have test driven both and have to admit that I am smitten by the way the 36 drives. Really liked the feel of the exhaust brake as well The cockpit on the 36 also feels and looks like an upfit over the 32.

We will be first timers and our use for the next 5 years or so is going to be limited to long weekends and a couple of longer trips each year. Sounds like the best news is there is no wrong choice to this question. Thanks again for the input from both of you
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #14

It has been great reading all the comments on the Allegro Red. My wife and I are also looking at the Red & Phaeton. I was curious of what king of MPG were being gotten with the 36 red.
redbayjojo is offline   Reply With Quote