Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2018, 12:12 AM   #1

Allegro RV Insurance Recommendations

I know there are past threads on insurance, but much of the information changes yearly. Does anyone have a recommendation for fulltime RV insurance for a 2018 Allegro 36LA. This is a gas coach. I have run a quote with Progressive, but it seems expensive. I tried an online quote with The Hartford, but their system just ended abruptly and said they couldn't offer insurance. I have no idea why. Maybe we need a good RV insurance broker. I'll take a recommendation on that too. FYI, we are domiciled in Texas.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 AM   #2

I had to join AARP to get the hartford insurance. They are very inexpensive. Worth joining AARP. Saved me $400 over the other quotes, and I just renewed and it went down another $50 or so. Just Amazing. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Insurance

I got quotes from about 7 companies and found GEICO to be the lowest cost IF cars were included. They also brokered my homeowners. Hail damage claim shortly after signing up and they covered it with no problems.
Good luck with your search.
cooltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

We have Safeco. Have full replacement cost and twice a year they give up to 2.5% refund safe driver credit. Was about $ 70.00 for the year. Also they have the $ 100.00 diminishing ded per year if no claims.

Give this gay a call, she will find the cheapest ins she can get for you. The carrier may vary but she will compare numerous carriers.

Have worked with her on a few different MHS over the years and she is awsome.

Maggie Acklin

216-592-7135

Stan Weber
sjw2094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #5

Insurance is a game, and the game is to keep you in the dark as much as possible so they can steal your money. Try to comparison shop, you will spend all day on the phone (you'll have to speak to an agent, and they are all out playing golf) and have a mess of paperwork and notes. And if you accept a quote, without checking off all the boxes (fulltime? y/n, agreed value y/n, on and on) you will buy a policy that doesn't do what you want. "Oh, sorry to hear you broke your windshield, you don't have glass coverage, that would have been an extra $50/yr rider". So now you are stuck with a $1,200 bill.

Its a yearly, frustrating exercise and it puts me in a baad mood!

I'd like to find a real agent to deal with and be done with it. Not so much anymore.

Good luck!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We switched from Progressive last month and they had the best rate for several years. This year bundling with the same carrier for our home and auto is best. That may change next year, and we will be shopping again.

Bundling is best!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Agree re: Safeco

Also check with Good Sam
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjw2094 View Post
We have Safeco. Have full replacement cost and twice a year they give up to 2.5% refund safe driver credit. Was about $ 70.00 for the year. Also they have the $ 100.00 diminishing ded per year if no claims. Stan Weber
That's a large insurance bill if 2.5% is $70 2.5% of my bill would be about $22

-Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
That's a large insurance bill if 2.5% is $70 2.5% of my bill would be about $22

-Bill
Full replacement is $$
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #10

Do you carry any other insurance (house, car, etc)? Check with whomever you already have insurance.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #11

INS

I guess some did not read my post CORRECTLY.

The 2.5% is for every six months for a total of 5% over the year.

That being said that is $ 35.00 every six months.

However one needs to know that the year, type of rv, use, and other additional factors, coverage you buy, deductibles all play a factor in what your premium would be.

Our replacement cost is based on what the selling price was and yes I know it doesn't cover the cost of inflation on new units, however if our coach needed to be replaced 5 yrs from now we would receive what we paid for the unit.

I guess it boils down to depreciation virus inflation.

We do receive with our Safco policy

Accident forgiveness, auto loan/ lease, diminishing deductible, dog and cat coverage, electronic lock and key replacement, emergency expenses, new vehicle replacement, personal properly , roadside assistance, world-wide coverage for rental vehicles.

They
do state that many factors, including information based on your credit

history, claims and auto characteristics to determine your premium.

Everyone will have a different premium based on many factors and to compare your premium to someone else's premium is really not possible.

Make your calls and find the coverage that works for you at the premium you want to pay.

Good luck with your search.

SJW
Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #12

ins

Sorry I should have had this info earlier when I posted.

The Dog and Cat coverage is for vet expenses and also a death benefit if the pet was injured or killed as a result of a vehicle accident.

SJW

Tags
allegro, insurance