Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Am I missing screws on dash panel?

I'm having some intermittent issues with things wired under the dash. First, occasionally, the glow plug light goes out but the chassis diesel won't turn over. I try it a couple more times and it works, I'm afraid to turn it off on a trip when stopped for lunch or fueling for fear it may leave me stranded. The other issue is the triple vision camera system. I've programmed it for for left camera on left turn signal, right on right turn signal, and rear camera on all the time to keep an eye on the toad. Each time it manages to reprogram itself to something else. May show left side on right turn signal, may go to split view. Fortunately, the rear camera has continued to work properly. I've just had the coach a few months. I know Mesa RV replaced the radio/nav system right there next to the triple vision camera screen, so they probably pulled the dash panel out. I'm wondering if loose connections is my problem. Also, as you'll see in the picture below, it looks like I'm missing screws that firmly mount the panel to the dash. If you have the Phaeton, can you tell me if this looks like I'm missing screws? Thx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	155671  
Redbear7938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Yep, should have self tapping screws in those holes.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Surprised the panel has stayed in, looks like all the crews are missing. They are small self tapping screws, colored black, just take one out of the drivers side console for a match, they are all the same. You most likely have some loose wires. Also check the connection at the ignition switch, I found ours was basically falling off.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for your help!
Redbear7938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Jim,

Also check your grounds...an intermittent ground will cause a lot of what you are experiencing.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I've had that entire panel out a few times. The screws are 6-32 self taping sheet metal screws with the heads painted black. My panel was out so often that the screws are mostly stripped so I just replaced them with 8-32 screws and painted the heads black.

I agree with THutch. Check for loose connections. On my Phaeton the clearance around the swtiches, 12v outlet and USB outlet are close and I've pulled off a couple of connections when the panel was removed. Some of the blade connectors were stretched a little and were easy to knock off.
W3DKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with Dave, it's at the point I am afraid to put my hand up under the dash for fear of knocking off some wire.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, panel, scr