RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2019, 11:59 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Another example of cloud-based security cameras and dealer service departments

Another example of where I leveraged my cloud-based security cameras with a dealer's service department...

Good, bad, ugly with Mercedes-Benz of Wilsonville...

The Good: My issue was eventually diagnosed and fixed under warranty. The service manager also jumped through hoops once made aware of what I'll cover under "The ugly" below.

The Bad: I have a missing bug shield that they removed from the hood while working on the vehicle. They say they'll replace and make that right...

The Ugly: My Sprinter RV sat in their overflow storage for 2+ months without anybody looking at it. I have an onboard security system with cameras so I would reach out for an update every 3-4 weeks, knowing nothing had been done. They'd move the vehicle after I called or stopped in to run the generator to top off the house batteries, but then nothing. I even received a notification in early January that they had finished working on my vehicle, yet I knew they had done nothing due to the security cameras connected to the cloud. Service rep said "Ooops, I'll close this ticket and open a new one" (which simply resets their clock and hides how long vehicle has been there?!?). Finally, I went in and talked to the Service Manger personally. Turns out the Sprinter tech who handled my vehicle was no longer with the company and they couldn't even find my vehicle in their service shop job flow management system. Once I talked with the head of Service, MB of Wilsonville did bend over backwards to diagnose and fix the vehicle under warranty within a couple of days of that face to face visit (and comped me one small thing I had originally asked they do in addition). That said it was over 2 months and a lost bug shield deflector.

Would I take it there again? Yes, I'll give them another shot. They have a new guy in charge of Sprinter service (Nathan) and he seems on top of things. Tiffin had originally recommended I take the unit down to Springfield/Eugene (2 hours south of Portland), but I do think I'll give them another shot under this new leadership.

Best,
-Mark

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
The service department at The RV Corral in Eugene Oregon did excellent work on our Tiffin warranty issues.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsrf View Post
The service department at The RV Corral in Eugene Oregon did excellent work on our Tiffin warranty issues.
Thanks. Since it was a Mercedes-Benz chassis issue I had to go to a MB service center who is allowed to touch Sprinters.

Best,
-Mark
Old 03-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Security camera is a good idea. I had similar experience with a previous coach and Fleetwood warranty repair at a Camping World authorized warranty center. I didnít use cameras but planted several telltales and took before pics. 2 mos later nothing had been touched but CW did charge Fleetwood for the work. Too bad itís come to this.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #5

What is the make, model of your security system?
Craigt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigt61 View Post
What is the make, model of your security system?
Amazon Blink. They are wireless and run on 2-year replaceable lithium batteries. When they detect motion video starts streaming to the cloud through my rig's MiFi device.

Best,
-Mark

Tags
camera, dealer, service