Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Question Another front passenger seat delaminates?

Hi, well I remember reading quite a few posts about some passenger seats having problems with delaminating around the edges, and I was hoping it wouldn't happen to our 2015 Allegro Red 33aa. But it did.

The white spots are beginning to show around the edge of the seat and arm. Have no idea why this is happening to just passenger seats. It's like a separation of the back lining and the fake leather. This definitely should not be happening to this type of faux leather, but I remember all the past posts stating they were not the certified "Ultra leather" but instead a cheaper fabric.

I thought I had saved the post with a recommendation to email a certain person at Tiffin, and send pictures. But a few hours of searching and reading has not come up with the suggestion and email name. Anyone have that link? Hoping to get a better response. Thnx.

We called Tiffin and they want us to settle up with our dealer. The runaround is beginning, and I was hoping Tiffin doesn't pull what other companies have in the past. Very worrisome with the whole RV made of this stuff! Tiffin had replaced the posters chair no problem. This Tiffin person on the phone a different story, asked us to come to RedBay to have it done.....yeah right....we are going to travel a thousand miles? Who pays for the gas?
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #2

We had the same problem with or '14 Open Road qba. Our dealer was great in working with Tiffin. We ended up having to go to Red Bay to get most of the furniture recovered. The problem is not a Tiffin problem but a Flex Steel one. We had the same problem on our '11 Four Winds. It was really bad in that coach. I understand your not wanting to go to Red Bay. It really is in the middle of no where. We were able to drop our coach off in Red Bay, drive home (375 miles) and then return to pick it up. Red Bay had the repairs done in less time than orginally stated.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you Bill for the note. We will get together with our dealer and hopefully work something out. Yes, it is too far to drive, and I do worry about what the rv will look like 2 years down the road.

It should be Tiffin working out its problems with Flex steel and if they had a bad year of material quality they should own up to it. Perhaps that is the real reason for their 2016 couch and chair changes. It's too bad because I really love our motorhome. Glad it's under warranty for now.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2013 QBA had the same problem on the euro lounger armrest the back rest cushions on the dinette and the board that goes between the sofa and dinette. We were out of warranty by 7 months but Tiffin agreed to ship us the material and I had a local auto upholster recover all the pieces and he also added a better grade of foam to the dinette cushions for $300. Sounds maybe high to some I am sure but way cheaper than a drive to Red Bay. He also made a cover that is removable which slides over the board that goes between the sofa and dinette. Which is a heavy wear area.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
We had and are having the same problem with our rig. I worked via email with Don Boyd at: don.boyd@tiffinmotorhomes.com