Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
FWIW, I had one in my previous coach. It was supplied by the factory and was basically useless.
X2.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #16

When I used to travel with the young kids I attached a clip on mirror from ToysRUS to the visor. It worked but it wasn't great, since the vibration on the road made viewing less than wonderful, but it was enough to see if the kids were walking around. At present the youngest grandkids are 3 and in carseats when the travel with us. When allowed their freedom I will again find a mirror system for the MH.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #17

Before my GF saw my MH, she said I would hate the rear view mirror. LOL. She had a MH before, but I think it was a Blue Bird. She didn't know we now use back-up monitors.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coming in late here. In my prior coach I had a rectangular wide angle mirror that is designed to add to a sideview mirror stuck to the bottom left corner of the TV surround. It seemed like a good idea. In 8 years 100k miles I may have used it a dozen times to check where DW was when she went back to look for whatever was loose, or to get a snack.

We both learned to recognize the individual sounds made by the various things we might have left unfastened - the bedroom sliding door only moved on turns and the shower door only reacted to braking and accelerating. The sound we only heard once was a wine bottle (red of course) that launched itself through a child locked cabinet door and smashed on the floor, didn't need the mirror for that!
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #19

My 2005 Allegro Bus came with one from the factory.
Shadow0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
I also plan to install one, I am thinking that a wide angle one used in ski boats would be great. My previous motorhome had one, I used it and liked it.
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The inside review mirror would be handy to have for checking on the co-pilot, as well as anything that might moving/sliding around that shouldn't be! However, and more importantly, what I would find that would make it extremely useful would be one with a built in compass/temperature! I contacted Tiffin and they do offer it on the Phaeton. So, it's just a matter of finding the right wires to make the connection then running the temperature sensor wire down along the windshield to a suitable location. In my case with an Allegro RED, in front of the generator.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #22

I bought a ski mirror from West Marine. It is made to clamp onto a boat windshield but it was a perfect fit to clamp it to the edge of the forward TV mount. Works great especially when traveling with the grandkids.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow0120 View Post
My 2005 Allegro Bus came with one from the factory.
My 07 Allegro Bus has it too + a digital outside thermometer.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #24

I've had enough "what the hell was that" moments, that I plan to install an interior rear-view mirror before next season. I read on one thread (may have been on another forum) that you can buy car rear-view mirrors for just a few dollars at your local wrecking yard. You then drill through the baseplate and attach it to your center TV cabinet frame with a couple of woodscrews.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Mounted one above the computer screen - found it a Wal Mart- lets me keep a eye on DW when she not in her seat.

Jroan
jroan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #26

We're both usually strapped in when moving down the road and both dogs are restrained by harnesses and seat belts. What often happens is, going round a corner , there's crashing sound in the kitchen or the bedroom from something we forgot to latch down.

A mirror would enable me to check if anything messy had spilled and whether we need to stop.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
I've had enough "what the hell was that" moments, that I plan to install an interior rear-view mirror before next season. I read on one thread (may have been on another forum) that you can buy car rear-view mirrors for just a few dollars at your local wrecking yard. You then drill through the baseplate and attach it to your center TV cabinet frame with a couple of woodscrews.
I have the tiffin factory installed mirror but for me to cover the "what the hell was that" moments I would need a close circut camera system(haha)
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrepairnut View Post
I have the tiffin factory installed mirror but for me to cover the "what the hell was that" moments I would need a close circut camera system(haha)
That not a bad ideal - I think I still have the camera which was wireless and the screen from my fiver. I had it set up to keep a eye on dog as she would not ride in the truck.

Jroan
jroan is offline   Reply With Quote