Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

Anyone change oil on their Tiffin Breeze yet?

I'm wondering how hard it is going to be to reach the oil filter and replace it. Doesn't look very convenient.
jstlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #2

Jstlookin.......I have not changed oil on the Breeze as yet (I am only picking her up in 2 weeks)..however if you go over to the TRVN board, they have big discussions re: oil change on the Breeze. This might help:

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login

Good luck! Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Sue,
Thanks for the input. I already managed to change my oil but it wasn't much fun. I had to stand on the bike rack and cram myself into the back of the RV and was just able to reach the filter.

Also, I buy the Rotella 15-40 oil in gallon containers. I need a different funnel because there is not much room to maneuver the gallon containers around to pour the oil.

I might consider cutting a hole under the bed for access as the one guy recommends. In my opinion it should come that way from the manufacturer.

Your new Breeze will have a flap back there (rubber piece riveted in place) that will make it even harder to get to the filter from the rear of the coach.

Scott.
jstlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I read the 4 pages of posts regarding changing the oil on the 28 and 32 foot Tiffin Breeze DP's over on the Tiffin RV Network board. I must say, there is a lot of confusion and unanswered questions regarding what should be a routine maintenance procedure. I mean, taking out beds and bedding, using mirrors to find the oil filter, and worrying about mechanics tracking grease through a beautiful motorhome to get to the bedroom is unreal.

I don't own a Breeze, considered getting one and think that they are very nice rigs and I have been a loyal Tiffin owner for nearly 20 years, but both Tiffin and Navistar dropped the ball big time with this fiasco!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like someone needs to come up with a remote filter conversion. As far as refilling the oil you just need to pump it back in instead of pouring.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #6

Lol..Costiescpo..it does sound ridiculous doesn't it? But us Breezers are a hearty bunch, and where there is a will there is a way.
We all agree that Tiffin should have a special door put in on the production line, but since they didn't one of the guys has already designed/installed his own. I'm sure we will get it worked out. I for one is hoping her patents his design and takes it ti Tiffin, and we can all have it done.
Having a new model certainly keeps it interesting!
I love my Breeze!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I certainly did not mean to be critical of the Breeze model itself, just the way folks have to go about doing an oil change. Tiffin is a great company and they certainly will provide a fix for the problem. When the time is right, I would not hesitate to buy a Breeze, no doubt about it!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #8

CoastieSCPO..no problem..didn't think you were being critical..you didn't say anything the Breeze owners have not already said to each other.
We are just hoping some solution will be worked out that the job can be done easier. We honestly did not know what they were thinking when they left such poor access to the oil filter.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #9

I'm still considering a Breeze, and hearing about this makes me think again about buying one!

I mean...

SERIOUSLY...

how does something like performing a simple OIL CHANGE and being able to get to the necessary parts/location on the engine get past the designers?

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #10

The 2012 Breeze has a panel to access the oil filter. I think it's under the bed but a lot easier to get to.
Since the 2011 was the first model year, some design flaws were not acknowledged immediately. Should have been but weren't.
The really good thing about Tiffin is they really listen.
When you call them with a concern or problem, they look into it and try to rectify it.
Another change was moving the thermostat from the wall that is next to the refrigerator. In some units the refrigerator was causing that wall to be warmer than the others, hence excessive running of a/c. It is now located on a different wall.
Also owners complained about the small kitchen sink with flip up faucet. The new Breezes have a standard double sink with standard faucet.
We speak, they listen.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #11
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
...We speak, they listen.
One of the advantages of buying from a smaller, customer-oriented company.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #12

I was at Red Bay last month and they put an access door in for me under the bed. However when I change oil I go over the top of the radiator. On the 28 it's no big deal. 5 minutes to pull it out and put a new one in.
Breeze Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Snogoz
All very interesting to us: just took possession of a 2012 32br and overall we are delighted with it so far. One puzzling thing: how to control the three Panasonic TVs - yes, there are three remotes, and they work. However try watching a DVD on the bedroom with sound in the bedroom only. Our home theater speakers blast away and there is no sound in the bedroom. Other oddities have been identified. The Viera manuals are impenetrable. Can someone provide a simple guide? So far Tiffin have not been able to help, and the delivery walk-through was disarmingly frank: "Dunno - maybe we need a 10-year old to sort it out". Any help!?

Tags
tiffin