Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #15

Bags4266

As mentioned earlier, I've experienced the same problem as you. In fact, it's occurred more than once. Fortunately, I was able to get the jacks to work after repeated attempts.

Finally, after reading the forum, I took "Hayman's" advice and called Sue at the number listed. She seemed truly interested in my problem. In fact, she mentioned she'd received several calls regarding this same issue. She verified there are no keypads currently made for my model. BUT, she indicated she was currently working on a similar issue with another person that involved the possible use of a keypad from a different model to see if that would solve the problem. I've gotten busy and haven't had the change to call her back. Plus, my keypad is on the "on again" mode.

I do remember taking my keypad out of the dash to clean it. However, it is a sealed unit. I gather there is built in delay feature in case the buttons are inadvertently pushed. When mine is hesitant to operate I hold the on button in for 10 to 20 seconds and that will usually get it to work. If not, I restart the motor and repeat the process, which usually starts the jacks. As you are probably well aware, the model of jacks has been superseded and major part are no longer available from Atwood. I've found keypads on eBay, but the go for nearly $200.00. And who knows if they work?

Good luck...
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #16

Thanks for the update, I'll try holding the button down for 20/30 sec. If that doesn't work I'll call sue.
Bags4266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #17

I have never had any issues with my panel. Just the rear Jack's.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #18

My rig has the so called new improved system. The guy before me spent about $5k to install it. It still is junk. We bought it last March and the system was just less that 6 months old. It didn't work from the start. They said the control board was bad and had to make one. That took almost 2 weeks. Then a jack had to be replaced. I have another one now not acting right. If this control board or the keypad ever go bad I think I will just build my own manual system and do it like I used to. Then all I have to do is keep the jacks working. If I were buying a new motorhome it would only have a top name hydraulic system on it. The electric is fine on paper but can't get it to work in real life. I thought I was getting something good when I saw these and not having to deal with hydraulic leaks. I was an industrial electrician at work so a simple manual system will be a piece of cake. And it won't cost thousands.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb9tf View Post
My rig has the so called new improved system. The guy before me spent about $5k to install it. It still is junk. We bought it last March and the system was just less that 6 months old. It didn't work from the start. They said the control board was bad and had to make one. That took almost 2 weeks. Then a jack had to be replaced. I have another one now not acting right. If this control board or the keypad ever go bad I think I will just build my own manual system and do it like I used to. Then all I have to do is keep the jacks working. If I were buying a new motorhome it would only have a top name hydraulic system on it. The electric is fine on paper but can't get it to work in real life. I thought I was getting something good when I saw these and not having to deal with hydraulic leaks. I was an industrial electrician at work so a simple manual system will be a piece of cake. And it won't cost thousands.

Not sure how someone could spend $5k when an entire new system replacement is about half that with labor. Are you sure there were not other expenses invloved in that amount? Or could it possibly have been extra labor charges for someone not experienced in the product line doing some exploritory work??? That is an all time high that I have ever heard of. The newer system has worked quite well for the masses.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBobby View Post
Bags4266

As mentioned earlier, I've experienced the same problem as you. In fact, it's occurred more than once. Fortunately, I was able to get the jacks to work after repeated attempts.

Finally, after reading the forum, I took "Hayman's" advice and called Sue at the number listed. She seemed truly interested in my problem. In fact, she mentioned she'd received several calls regarding this same issue. She verified there are no keypads currently made for my model. BUT, she indicated she was currently working on a similar issue with another person that involved the possible use of a keypad from a different model to see if that would solve the problem. I've gotten busy and haven't had the change to call her back. Plus, my keypad is on the "on again" mode.

I do remember taking my keypad out of the dash to clean it. However, it is a sealed unit. I gather there is built in delay feature in case the buttons are inadvertently pushed. When mine is hesitant to operate I hold the on button in for 10 to 20 seconds and that will usually get it to work. If not, I restart the motor and repeat the process, which usually starts the jacks. As you are probably well aware, the model of jacks has been superseded and major part are no longer available from Atwood. I've found keypads on eBay, but the go for nearly $200.00. And who knows if they work?

Good luck...

Based on another thread elswhere, Sue Noyes passed away recently. I'm not sure who her replacement is.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #21

5K for a new system that does not work. WOW.

Anybody that does any work to the jacks should have them welded. I'm going to pull BOTH rear jacks & have them welded.
The square plate that the two jackscrews are threaded thru needs to be welded to the inner tube! The bottom of the plate rests on just 4 "tits"! All the weight is on these 4 SMALL mount points. I'll post some DETAILED pictures on my web site in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #22

Yes I have called Atwood and found out she is no longer there, they didn't say she passed. I spoke to a gentlemen who just advised me to go back wards and check connections and fuses. This project will need to wait till the spring weather. I am wondering if it would be better to take the coach to a Tiffin service shop or an Atwood service shop. Looking for who would have better experience in this repair.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:10 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
Yes I have called Atwood and found out she is no longer there, they didn't say she passed. I spoke to a gentlemen who just advised me to go back wards and check connections and fuses. This project will need to wait till the spring weather. I am wondering if it would be better to take the coach to a Tiffin service shop or an Atwood service shop. Looking for who would have better experience in this repair.

Bags, Strongly suggest you post your location in your avatar which will help others suggest recommended repair facilities where you are located. Red Bay is certainly one of many, however not the only.....

I could recommend where we had ours done but not sure if you are anywhere close by.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #24

Thanks bdaball, all fixed
Old 01-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
What's going on with your levelegs? What year coach? I might be able to help you out.
On my 2007 38v I have power gear levelers and not Atwood. Unless they are the same.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #26

faulty touch pad

i have the same exact problem, what did you do to fix it. i contacted atwood and they no longer have the part
sirbigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbigga View Post
i have the same exact problem, what did you do to fix it. i contacted atwood and they no longer have the part
Sirbigga
What make/ model jacks you have and what's your issue?

I have replaced both rear motor/clutch assemblies, had the rear jacks welded, replaced some gears on the front jacks. They have been functioning flawlessly for the last two years. Yes leveled have a bad reputation but if you take care of them they will take care of you.
Never had any issues with the touchpad.

Tags
atwood