Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Battery Filling System

I was just told about battery filling system. Never ever heard of them. Can anyone out there tell me about their expierences? PROS and CONS and brands. I did google searches and got very confused.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #2

We had it on a Alpine Coach 2005 I removed it after a while as hose broke, then the pump quit. They may be better now. Check on Alpine owners
Old 08-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
I know this one is pretty good:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Batte...stems-s/13.htm

Here's another one:

U.S. Battery | Leader in Deep Cycle Batteries | Battery Watering Systems | Deep Cycle Batteries | U.S. Battery Mfg. Co.

My Dad had a watering system on his golf cart, it kept them good for many years with little effort. Sure beat manually checking and topping off all the batteries in his cart!

Use the search box at the top of the page with the Google logo to search the forum for other threads on the topic, there have been a number of threads, but I don't remember any recently.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #4
YC1

With four large batteries or hard to reach batteries it makes filling them easy and far less neglected. Most batteries are murdered do to lack of proper maintenance.

With the watering system it takes a few minutes to top them off with distilled water.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use the flow rite pro fill bought 2 sets from rv upgrades 4 batteries simple to use it was a pain to get the caps off and water now it’s effortless.one of my better buys for the rv
Mark2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I know this one is pretty good:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Batte...stems-s/13.htm

Here's another one:

U.S. Battery | Leader in Deep Cycle Batteries | Battery Watering Systems | Deep Cycle Batteries | U.S. Battery Mfg. Co.

My Dad had a watering system on his golf cart, it kept them good for many years with little effort. Sure beat manually checking and topping off all the batteries in his cart!

Use the search box at the top of the page with the Google logo to search the forum for other threads on the topic, there have been a number of threads, but I don't remember any recently.
If you are confused about the watering system, call the folks at US Battery, shown in Bflinn's post. I called them and the guy figured out the correct size and type for me. If you have a battery bank, I recommend getting a watering system, and I recommend contacting US Battery.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 08-29-2018, 08:54 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
A battery watering system makes it far easier to keep your battery water levels at the correct level. I've used them since my Phaeton (6 batteries, some impossible to reach) to my current Navion (2 big 6v batteries under the steps). Once a month, 5 minutes, a jug of distilled water, and you are done. Can't beat it. Of course, you could get AGM batteries.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 AM   #8

I also use the flow rite pro system and agree that it was one of my best purchases. Even if the install gets a bit cumbersome, (depending on the access to your battery tops, it is very worth the effort.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I use the flow rite system and it is effortless to maintain the battery water at the correct level.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:19 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is so hard about opening the caps, looking in and adding water every few months? Also give me chance to look over terminals, voltage and cleanliness.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Put me in the camp that says using the filing system is nice.

I've had it on two coaches now. I just drop one end of the hose in a jug of distilled water and squeeze the bulb until I see all the little white "poppers" pop up. Just like when cooking a turkey

I still can clean/check the terminals. My batteries are on a sliding tray, and I pull it out when filling.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Put me in the camp that says using the filing system is nice.

I've had it on two coaches now. I just drop one end of the hose in a jug of distilled water and squeeze the bulb until I see all the little white "poppers" pop up. Just like when cooking a turkey

I still can clean/check the terminals. My batteries are on a sliding tray, and I pull it out when filling.
What system has the "poppers"?
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
What system has the "poppers"?

I call them poppers. My words, not theirs.
You can easily check if any of the cells are low just by looking at the filler cap. It has a little white "float" you can see through a small plastic viewer on top of the cap. The float starts going down with the water.

While this: https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Water...atering+system
isn't the same brand as mine, it's the same principal.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the Flo Rite on the MH, work great.

Looking for a set for a 48V Golf Cart, 6 ea 8 V batteries= 24 cells.

It would take 4 of these kits at over $200 for the cart. https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-RV2...ords=flow+rite

Does your set with the poppers allow a manifold system? ie have float valves so they don't over fill? What is the brand?
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery