Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bay Heat for 32SA

Just winterized new to me '16 32SA but i use it during the winter. Is there a way to provide heat to the fresh water tank bay and the water pump bay? The water pump bay has a 120v plug so I can add a lightbulb but the bulbs are getting harder to locate. Thought about a small ceramic heater as an option.

The fresh water tank bay doesn't seem to have any room for lightbulb or heater.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
rrtribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #2

The wet bay and fresh water tank are straight a crossed from each other on my 2013 35QBA. The rear furnace has a duct to that compartment. Your's should too.

I have spent a long weekend with temperatures in the teens at night with no problems.

If you were to add a little extra heat on the side with the outlet, pretty sure that heat would help the opposite side too.

I keep a remote thermometer in the fresh tank bay. The base station goes in the RV during camping season. It receives the signal in my man cave at the S&B, so in the winter, I set it up in there. I might burn some propane this winter during a cold snap just to see the difference.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #3

The 32SA puts heat into the wet bay and the fresh water tank bay. However, this only works off of the furnace. At home, where I don't run the furnace, I use a small personal heater (I believe it is 200W) in each of the two bays plugged into a thermocube. It kicks them on at 40 degrees and off at 50. It worked great last year.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thanks for the info. One salesman told me he thought it was heated but then several owners had noted that their pump froze up - couold be they hadn't run the furnace. Still waiting for Tiffin to get back to me as I haven't found anything in the manual about it.
Right now it is air cleared and should be okay. Got down to 23 yesterday here in Springfield IL which is about a month early. Will be going out in Feb so will probably use ceramic heater as suggested.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You don't need to do anything if you winterize your unit. Drain your tanks and hot water heater, connect the water pump via the short intake hose (provided) and pump your motorhome full of anti-freeze. Flip your bypass valves for the water heater. You need to make sure you run anti-freeze through all the faucets, toilets, outside shower, inside shower, and leave the traps full of anti-freeze.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just heard from Tiffin. The water bays are heated when the propane furnace is used so I can use it without worry this winter as long as I run the furnace when it gets to freezing.
Planning on leaving Spfld, IL in Feb and like to use my own well water so will fill it up the morning I leave with furnace running and head south.
Will probably add ceramic heater to water bay to use when home since I leave it plugged into shore power.

I don't use the pink stuff due to allergies - I blow the lines instead.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #7

You don't need to do anything if you winterize your unit.
This is true for most but I, like many others, like to use the RV in the late fall/ early winter as well as early spring. We go out anytime the roads are clear and no snow forecast. I would have to winterize multiple times during the year.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat