Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Tiffin For Sure

I bought a 2007 Allegro Bay new, had a couple of warranty issues the dealer wasn't able to fix. The warranty was running out, I called and talked to Mr. Bob Tiffin about the fact my warranty period was about out and I wouldn't be able to bring in to the factory to fixed until well after it would be out of warranty (3-5 months). Mr Tiffin said they would worry about the actual time, just make an appointment and bring it when I could. Well it was 3-1/2 months past and true to his word Tiffin Motorhomes repaired everything no charge. Excellant Service.
R.Shomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are currently at the FMCA Rally in Bowling Green, just ready to pull out after we get our coach weighted. Went looking at the Tiffin MH and ran into Mr Tiffin. What an interesting person to talk to and quite a gentleman, very unassuming!

Ron K
Old 08-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
sgb

Agree with 69RoadRunner !
We tried to buy an Allegro Bus, because we live in Al.
But the floor plan we wanted was not available then. (2006).
We have been very happy with our 42.5" DP Mountain Aire.
sgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

When we had our 2003 Suncruiser 33V we determined that what we really wanted was a diesel pusher. Our local Itasca dealer was also a Newmar dealer and looking at Newmar told us that it was a higher quality RV. We had a good relationship with that dealer and he was only 5 minutes away so it was kind of a no-brainer.

In our process we had narrowed it down to being a 40' Dutch Star. We drove them, spec'd them until we were blue in the face, and researched everything to the point where we knew more about them than the salesman. However, getting the perfect coach together never quite happened. There was always something out of place. Some options weren't available and some things came on them that we didn't like. We wound up paring down out exterior color and interior decor to the on we could best live with rather than one that really looked good to us. We actually started looking at a Mountain Aire to rectify some of this but the MADP was out of our price range and even the Dutch Star loaded with all the options was getting a bit high for us.

In the process we looked at a MADP at another dealership when travelling through Kentucky who also happened to have Tiffins. There we saw a 2004 Allegro Bus and really fell in love with it. All of the things that were missing in the Dutch Star just fell into place with the Allegro Bus. Furthermore we found that the Tiffins were a better value than the Newmars. You got more bang for the buck with Tiffin and even the dealer offered that advice to us.

Long story short - we bought a 2004 Allegro Bus from a dealer who was 2-1/2 hours away. It was a tough decision because we were walking away from a dealer who was 5 minutes way that treated us well. But, we were buying a coach, not a dealer, and the Dutch Star just never fell into place for us. We actually got a coach more in line with the Mountain Aire for less than the Dutch Star in price.

Again, these were personal choices. Other than the fact that you get more coach for the money from Tiffin, and the details better fit our desires, I don't feel that the Newmar was of lesser quality. Then again, I haven't owned a Newmar so I can't offer that from personal experience where others can. From what I could see they were both well built coaches from decent companies. That was in 2004-2005 though so if things have changes I can't comment on that.

If you are particularly fond of a certain model coach made by either of these manufacturers I'd say buy it because you won't go wrong.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mark, Thanks for taking the time to put down some thoughts!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #20

"Bob Tiffin...true to his word..."

I have heard that from everyone I've ever talked to who ever dealt personally w/Tiffin. Nice to have that kind of stand-up integrity in the motorhoming world.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Tiffin's post-sale service is excellent

As long as ol' Bob Tiffin is alive, the Tiffin service will be unmatched. He has lived up to every promise and one of the few major manufacturers still in business. Recently, he reimbursed me for $100 in new drawer guides I had to buy to replace all our original nylon plastic drawer guides to the new metal, roller bearing style. We've gotten on a first name basis with the service and parts managers and since we live in Alabama, it's a relatively short trip to Red Bay to have coach work done. I've also received free replacement for things like our inverter and wind shield replacement that was several years past warrenty. The only down side is they're so busy with service work, it often takes weeks to get in for service for an appointment, but they will gladly accomodate drop-ins to wait for a space in the camp sites.
WCVonderburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
I would call Tim McCaffery at Bankston Motors in Huntsville Al. They do like to deal 800 624 2899. I serched coast to coast and they had best deal by far.
ponyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tiffin over Newmar
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
New Phaeton owner

We just purchased a 2009 42' QRH from Colton RV close to Buffalo, NY. I think we got a great deal on a left over 09'. They gave us 33.4% off and a fair trade for our old coach. Can't comment on their service yet but they are a full service dealer. They treated us right! Ask for Sara.

Keep on rolling,
Tom & Carole Spoon
tmspoon is offline   Reply With Quote