Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #1

Bedroom Water Leak on 2010 40 QTH Phaeton

I have a water leak which appears to be at the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. I have taken everything out of the under counter sink cabinet, removed the bottom drawer and examined all the water connections and inspected for leaks. There is no sign of dampness in this cabinet, no signs of any of the connections leaking. I am baffled as to where the water is coming from.

The carpeted wall underneath the bedroom slide (drivers side including the bed) is not wet. It does not appear to be coming through the slide.

Any ideas on what I am missing would be much appreciated. I hate to take this to a dealer to search for this leak at $100+ per hour but I am at a ready to give up.

Thanks,
Dan Bowman
2010 40 QTH Phaeton
Power Glide Chassis

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #2

I recommend having your coach leak tested using the SealTech system. It will cost a bit over $100, and well-worth the money to locate are eliminate all water entry sources. Click - "where to find it" on the website to locate a nearby RV service center that uses one.
When our RV was a week old I discovered water below a right rear window. The technician found the water entry source about 14' forward of the window. He continued, and found 3 tiny leaks that were not showing inside the 5er, sealed them and re-tested to insure no entry point was missed. The procedure took about an hour.
We have too much money invested to try to stop leaks by happenstance..

Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #3

Not sure of your rigs layout, but is the shower on that wall, check your shower drain and/or shower valve. From what you said sound like maybe just a sink on that wall, but just trying to hit all angles. Keep us posted.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
Not sure of your rigs layout, but is the shower on that wall, check your shower drain and/or shower valve. From what you said sound like maybe just a sink on that wall, but just trying to hit all angles. Keep us posted.
George,
The sink is on the wall.

Today, I filled up my fresh water tank and turned the water off. I thought this might at least tell me it is in the water line and not a leak from rain. Maybe not but trying everything I can think of.

Dan
Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I recommend having your coach leak tested using the SealTech system. It will cost a bit over $100, and well-worth the money to locate are eliminate all water entry sources. Click - "where to find it" on the website to locate a nearby RV service center that uses one.
When our RV was a week old I discovered water below a right rear window. The technician found the water entry source about 14' forward of the window. He continued, and found 3 tiny leaks that were not showing inside the 5er, sealed them and re-tested to insure no entry point was missed. The procedure took about an hour.
We have too much money invested to try to stop leaks by happenstance..
Ray,
I reviewed their brochure and will consider having this done if it is not a water line leak. We have had some rain but it continues to stay wet even when it is not raining.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #6

My QBH filled the bedroom with water while I was at Lazy Days and it turned out to be the cover panel on the heater did not have a gasket on it. They installed a gasket that Tiffin failed to install and all has been good for 6 months.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
My QBH filled the bedroom with water while I was at Lazy Days and it turned out to be the cover panel on the heater did not have a gasket on it. They installed a gasket that Tiffin failed to install and all has been good for 6 months.
My unit is 1 1/2 years old and has not leaked so I doubt this is my problem. I will check this out though just in case that gasket is now leaking.

Thanks,
Dan Bowman
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to disup
water leak

My rug was wet in the area you described in between bed and wall I think the dampness was caused by leakage of the slide seals or where the bedroom slide seals are supposed to seal out the water. Check the slide seals and around the slide before going for the water test Use a hose if necessary with someone inside checking for water getting in
Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #9

Thanks a bunch for all of your responses.

I finally gave up and took it to Carpenter's RV and Camper's in Pensacola. They found the leak under the sink where I must have looked a dozen times. It was a loose fitting on the hot water pipe running next to the soap dispenser. The tech said that they see a lot of these and are guessing that people bump these or rub this fitting when refilling the soap.

Simple fix, just tightened the fitting. Charge was much less than I thought it might be at $40.00. Obviously he found it quickly! He said he noticed the water streaks on the pipe and just followed the yellow brick road to the loose fitting.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Dan Bowman
Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #10

You don't have to get under the sink to fill the soap dispenser. Simply pull up on the pump. This will pull right out, then pour soap into it, push the pump back in, and you're done.

Tags
leak, water