Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #1

Bin under sink drawer

Anyone know how to get the bin off the slides under the kitchen sink? I cannot figure out how to release the slides. Our soap dispenser fell and I can reach to put it back under the counter but I cannot reach to turn the nut to tighten it securely. If only I were a contortionist! So it will continue to fall. If I can remove the drawer I could reach.

Thanks for any help.

2014 Allegro Bus LP
Crose55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
It is a pain in the you know what, at least for me, and I may be the problem.

I pulled the bin out with the slides, leaving the tracks attached to the bottom. Huge mistake. I could never get them to slide back in. What I would suggest is getting to the screws that hold the track to the bottom of the cabinet, remove them, then take the whole thing out. I searched and searched and couldn't find any info so thats what happened to me.

I want to replace the kitchen sink but because I will have to remove the bin it is the last thing I want to do.

On a side note, how in the world do you contort your body to get the soap dispenser attached. I tried and gave up. Good luck with your project.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
On our 2017 40 SP AB I took ours out. The box assembly was attached to the slides with 8 screws that I had to remove with with a short screwdriver while laying on the floor.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Potato Bin Removal

I took the screws out from the cabinet bottom and pulled the whole thing out of my ‘13 45LP. Then I threw it all out and replaced with “Rev-a-shelf” storage from Lowes. Much better system and allows easy access to everything underneath including the Hepvo valve and the new filtration system that I also installed.

Terry
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA36 View Post
I took the screws out from the cabinet bottom and pulled the whole thing out of my ‘13 45LP. Then I threw it all out and replaced with “Rev-a-shelf” storage from Lowes. Much better system and allows easy access to everything underneath including the Hepvo valve and the new filtration system that I also installed.

Terry
Do you happen to have a picture of your new setup. I had never given thought to replacing the entire thing and would be interested to see.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #6

On the tracks there is either a small tab or a small half round button. Depress and pull outward at the same time. The tracks are a 2 part system.
2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:58 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
I too had to pull the entire unit out by removing the screws that’s attached it to the floor of the cabinet. Kind of a pain but not too bad.

Someone mentioned replacing the sink. I have done this since mine started to leak. I bought a stainless one that slipped right on top of the old one. It looks great.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
I’ve also replaced the faucet with a touch less one. Not too hard once the entire bin is out.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
I’ve also replaced the faucet with a touch less one. Not too hard once the entire bin is out.
If you happen to remember what faucet you switched to please let me know. We use the right side sink for washing things and the left side to drain and dry dishes when washed. The problem with using the right side the way we do is that the faucet that came with the coach doesnt extend over the right sink far enough and can splash water onto the clean dishes on the left side.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Here you go. Sorry it uploaded rotated 90 degrees!

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	355F61B0-0232-48B9-BBE5-25B79464E50A.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	255184  
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA36 View Post
Here you go. Sorry it uploaded rotated 90 degrees!

Terry
Thanks Terry, appreciate the picture. Gives me something to think about. Have to admit that the current setup isn't to my liking
Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pull the drawer all the way out to the stops. On each track toward the front of the drawer are either black plastic levers which one side will be raised and the other side will be lowered. Hold them in that position and continue pulling the drawer out off the tracks. If you have black plastic buttons, push them in and hold while pulling the drawer out.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote