RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #1

Black tank flush connection

I have a friend who had a funny thing happened to him, but could have been a major disaster. He had a mobile washing and waxing guy, wash and wax his coach, where he lives for 6 months a year. For a convince he leaves a hose connected to the flush for his black tank, so when he dumps the black tank he just has to turn on the water valve and quick and easy.
So after his coach was washed and wax the guy leaves, and my friend goes back inside and has to pee. Afterwards he flushed the toilet and a mushroom of water hits him in the face and hit the ceiling. He runs outside and opens the black tank valve to empty the tank, then closes the valve goes back inside and his wife says why is the black tank filling up? He goes back outside and found the guy that washed he coach had been hooked up where his back flush hose was, and when finished hook his hose back up and turned the water back on.
Good thing he did not sit on the toilet then flush or he would have gotten a power enigma.
I never have left a hose hooked to my black tank back flush, but since have talk to several people who do for the convince. What if he had gone somewhere, who knows what would have happened. I thought I would pass this on as sometimes we donít think about what can go wrong.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #2

MH parked next to us in a CG had a hose connected to flush connection.

Sitting at dinning table having a snack one afternoon and watched 'thar she blows'....brown water flowing down off MH roof/
Ran out and turned the hose off....nobody around.
Left note on door.

Early evening got a knock at door...they had just come back from town and saw my note.
When they opened their door..brown water was on floor. Toilet bowl seal failed.
He was just doing a quick flush while she got ready to go....forgot and left it on with dump valve closed.

Next day they had a private company out to do the clean up....not sure of out come.

NEVER walk away w/o securing and disconnecting.....ever.

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
That does it. I will never again leave my black tank flush hose hooked up.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #4

Anytime we leave our coach we shut the city water off too, as I have seen water lines break in RVís and water running out the slides

Tags
black tank, tank