Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Bob Tiffin

We are at the FMCA convention in Perry, GA. Lots of stuff here, including tons of new coaches from several mfgs. Went by the Tiffin area today to look through the new stuff. First coach we went in, there was Bob Tiffin greeting us. I spoke with him for a few minutes about what we have, how we like the new features, suggestions we might have. He took notes on what we said! I found him to be a very nice guy. As we left the coach, the last thing he said was "We appreciate your business." After leaving, I slapped my forehead with my palm, said to myself, should've gotten a photo with him. Oh well.

Regards.

Chuck
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mr Tiffin get a Gold star every time I hear this! As fas as I know, he is the only owner of a big Coach manufacture that does this......
Most don't even know who they are talking to probably.....
More of them had ought to take the time and follow Bob's lead !
Old 03-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #3

A few years ago we visited with Bob at a show. We had met him before. In 2005, he paid for 50% of the cost to upgrade 255 tires on our 2003 Phaeton to 275X80/R22.5 because the motorcycle I carried on the back overloaded the 255's. He's also sent us a tinted passenger side window to replace the split oem one on our 2013 Bus that obstructed the view. No charge. At the show, I told him that we could not go for the 45' coach because there was not a pantry in the kitchen. When the next model year came out, there were two great pantries in the kitchen. He might be one of the last company Owners that listens and does what is needed to satisfy his customers. He's got us for life.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I keep hearing good things about him and the company. I look forward to a long relationship with them and maybe have the good fortune to meet him one day.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I met him several years ago, also at a FMCA rally. He seemed truly interested in what owners & even SOB owners had to say about the Tiffin coaches. Always taking notes that I'm sure some of them end up in future models. A rare trait in today's business society.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
A few years ago we visited with Bob at a show. We had met him before. In 2005, he paid for 50% of the cost to upgrade 255 tires on our 2003 Phaeton to 275X80/R22.5 because the motorcycle I carried on the back overloaded the 255's. He's also sent us a tinted passenger side window to replace the split oem one on our 2013 Bus that obstructed the view. No charge. At the show, I told him that we could not go for the 45' coach because there was not a pantry in the kitchen. When the next model year came out, there were two great pantries in the kitchen. He might be one of the last company Owners that listens and does what is needed to satisfy his customers. He's got us for life.
So where are the pics of your 45'er
Old 03-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
We have met Mr. Tiffin three times, once at a rally, once in his office and again at a RV show. He is one of the most genuine, down to earth people I have ever met in a position like his. He listens to you whether you are praising or griping and even offered to pray for a friend of ours with us that was battling cancer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BobTiffin.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	195733  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
We are at the FMCA convention in Perry, GA. Lots of stuff here, including tons of new coaches from several mfgs. Went by the Tiffin area today to look through the new stuff. First coach we went in, there was Bob Tiffin greeting us......... After leaving, I slapped my forehead with my palm, said to myself, should've gotten a photo with him. Oh well.

Regards.

Chuck
Late yesterday my wife and I were talking to Bob outside, and a guy came up and asked my wife to take a picture with his iPhone of him and Bob..... I guess that wasn't you.........
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I met Bob at the FMCA rally in Tucson this spring, I was checking out a 37 AP. I told him our Phaeton was virtually trouble free and had never been back to the dealer or the factory . Bob‘s reply was, well then maybe you should keep that one. Then he thought about that a minute and then said and give that one to your kids and buy a new one
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We attended the FMCA Southern Charm Rally this last weekend also. Friday we finally got to go view the Tiffin offerings and found that Bob Tiffin was greeting folks in the Allegro Bus. So, Saturday we returned with one of our cabinet doors he offered to sign when we talked with him on Friday. I carted that door all around and explained we were unable to skinny up the money for a coach so we were buying it one piece at a time . . . then I showed them the signature and told them that normally Bob would sign them at Red Bay but we won't be able to get there for a while. I tried to get him to trade our 2015 36LA straight across for the Red 37BA they had there but he rejected the trade in the nicest manner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0224.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	196095Click image for larger version

Name:	0316181726.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	196096
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #11

Does anyone think that the corporate heads of Thor, Winn, REV, or whatever take the time away from looking at their stock price on their computers to actually get into a rig 'they' build and go camping? There should be a law..........Good on 'ya Bob Tiffin!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The only time saw corporate officers at a rally were Bob Tiffin and Harley Davidson officers at Harley rallies.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #13

We met Bob Tiffin twice. Once at an RV show that resulted in us purchasing a new 2005 Allegro Bus. The second time was while we were in Red Bay having warranty repairs done on our Bus. He is indeed an excellent business man with a ton of integrity. We have a lot of respect with the way he and his family run the Tiffin Motorhome company as well as how they take care of their customers.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will try to avoid a long story, but ordered an 18 31MA in August 17. Delivered to dealer the first week of December. It had a number of issues, not the least of which was a malfunctioning front slideout. Because of that I refused delivery. The dealer worked on it for two weeks and told me they were going to have to remove the room completely. I told them they weren't going to do that if they wanted to sell it to me. Either it went back to Redbay for the fix or they could build me another one. My salesman called the Tiffin rep and I got a call at my residence the next morning at 8:30am from Mr. Tiffin asking what was going on. He had tried to call the dealer service department first but couldn't get an answer. I told them they didnt open until 9am. He scoffed and said they couldn't get anything done at Redbay if they didnt open until 9. I told him what was going on. He said what ever he needed to do to make it right, it simply wasnt a problem. The MH went back to Tiffin and the slide was fixed. Still dealing with several other quality control issues, but I was extremely impressed with Mr. Tiffin calling me.

Tags
tiffin