Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #1

Body damage repair in Central Fla?

Started a vacation yesterday going north on I-4 to I-95. Like most roads in Fla., in construction zone. In our 2016 Tiffin Allegro towing our Chevy Traverse 4 down when the hitch came loose causing the car to ram the rear of the MH. Terminated vacation and returned home after notifying Insurance. Now have to find a good body repair shop for the MH. Anyone have good recommendations in the Central Fla. area. Live in Seminole Co. north of Orlando. Should I take it to an authorized Tiffin dealer or ???
Deacon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Repair shop

I used Wayne's Paint & Body on rt 44 west of Leesburg to do rear fiberglass repair of 2018 45' Allegro Bus. Very nice job and efficient.
OhioWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon911 View Post
Started a vacation yesterday going north on I-4 to I-95. Like most roads in Fla., in construction zone. In our 2016 Tiffin Allegro towing our Chevy Traverse 4 down when the hitch came loose causing the car to ram the rear of the MH. Terminated vacation and returned home after notifying Insurance. Now have to find a good body repair shop for the MH. Anyone have good recommendations in the Central Fla. area. Live in Seminole Co. north of Orlando. Should I take it to an authorized Tiffin dealer or ???
What kind of hitch were you using?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #4

Most dreaded stretch of road....especially at the I-4/I-95 interchange construction. Picked up my coach new at LaMesa/Sanford last May and in that rugged patch the waterheater panel fell off and was runover by multiple vehicles. On my return trip back through, LaMesa had acquired a new cover from Tiffin but it was unpainted. The original cover had the decor stripe going right through it. They matched the paint/stripe perfectly. Its been almost a year and still a perfect match. All work was free since they may have left the latch open on the delivery. No fiberglass work was done though so, can't speak to that. There is also an independent luxury coach repair facility a couple of blocks up from LaMesa. You might also check with Independence RV but I have no experience with those guys.

You might want to give Tiffin a call to see if they have references for someone in your area.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon911 View Post
If you are claiming through insurance, I would suggest a shop across from the Interstate from LaMesa RV in Sanford- Donnie Myers Luxury RV - they are expensive, but probably worth it. (407) 323-2367

If you paying for it out of pocket, I have a different recommendation. Send me a PM and I will share that cell number of good repair person who will work with you on the bill.

I just had some damage last year, so I made it around to a few shops.
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRVGazer View Post
Most dreaded stretch of road....especially at the I-4/I-95 interchange construction. Picked up my coach new at LaMesa/Sanford last May and in that rugged patch the waterheater panel fell off and was runover by multiple vehicles. On my return trip back through, LaMesa had acquired a new cover from Tiffin but it was unpainted. The original cover had the decor stripe going right through it. They matched the paint/stripe perfectly. Its been almost a year and still a perfect match. All work was free since they may have left the latch open on the delivery. No fiberglass work was done though so, can't speak to that. There is also an independent luxury coach repair facility a couple of blocks up from LaMesa. You might also check with Independence RV but I have no experience with those guys.

You might want to give Tiffin a call to see if they have references for someone in your area.

Paul
The autobody guy at LaMesa is great! He does very good paintwork.
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #7

Repaired and ready to go

Got our Allegro repaired by Alliance Coach in Wildwood, Fl. They did a great job. Looks fantastic. Now to get back on the road to enjoy it.
Deacon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
+ 1 for Alliance Coach in Wildwood. But you'll have a wait to get scheduled in.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #9

We used Lazydays in Tampa. They did a great job and worked well with the insurance.

Tags
air, repair