RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #1

Booth dinette or table and chairs with "computer work station."

The brochure talks about this option but I can find no details. Is there anything special about the table and chair option that would be extra appealing to someone working a full time job from the rv? What does the table/chair combo have for "computer work station" that the booth will not?

I appreciate your feedback.

Eddie

emerkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2017, 12:55 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
According to the dealer It has a place for a small printer. We got the dinette and its great when my wife works while we are driving. You can't work underway sitting on a chair that moves. You can install seat belts in the dinette as well. It's also very comfortable for 4 people to eat or play cards.

Steve

2016 Tiffin Red 37 PA
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:52 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have credenza, table, and separate chairs. It has computer workstation built in. Slideout tray for keyboard or laptop (we have 17" laptop). Below that a slide out tray for a printer. There is a power outlet below inside the cabinet (where we have a small battery backup/surge protector). All this slides/stores away very easily. The table top makes this setup then a small L-shaped work area for papers, etc.

A booth would not work nearly as well. One would have to setup/teardown the computer equipment after each use, for eating at the table, etc.

Another place to setup a 'home office' would be on the dash area in front if the passenger seat. Many coaches have a slide out tray there. With a DP this interferes with the entry door, but not with a gasser.

I worked for several years from the motorhome before retiring last year.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:13 AM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Bought FT with the booth seating... don't like chasing the chairs all over hell when en-route.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:48 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Bought FT with the booth seating... don't like chasing the chairs all over hell when en-route.
We put a long flat bungee cord around our chairs. Takes just a couple seconds to put on/off. No chair chasing needed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/48-Flat-B...&wl13=&veh=sem
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #6

I guess it depend on how skinny you are the dinette with chairs seems to work for us, had the booth in a class c and the dinette with chairs gives us more options. Dave
allegro1x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:15 AM   #7

Thanks

You all are awesome! We drove from OKC to Alabama yesterday and are ordering our 34PA today. Wife wants booth and I just wanted to double check.

Eddie
Old 10-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
We love our table and chair setup. Had a booth dinette in our first class A. Found them to be uncomfortable. Seemed the wife and I were always jockeying for foot position. I switch the chairs every day to get even wear on the cushions
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:10 AM   #9

If you like knocking knees, get the booth.

Otherwise, the table and dinette set will be better, especially once you stop at your destination. She can use the pull out tray up front while traveling if need be.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #10

Had a booth in first DP then got the dinette and computer station. Booth did not work for computer work. The printer fits perfectly in the second tray and the lap top fits in the top slide out tray. If you turn the chairs around with their backs against the table, a bungee cord works fine to go around the two backs to secure them against the table.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We just ordered a 38 QRA with the work table and chairs. Works better for office tasks like paying bills online, planning future routes, eating, and my wife's sewing machines. The dinette was a waste for us. But it's all pers pref.
Kingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:59 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Agree with sheets description - Plus table can pullout/extends 15” when parked total 40” x 26” plus coulter over credenza. If you plan on working, get workstation/table/chair is best option in my opinion.
JT-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #13

The verdict is in, thanks for all your input.

We ordered our 34PA yesterday and got the booth dinette instead of the table/chair/computer desk option. My wife didn't like the table as much, I thought I would be less comfortable in the little space between the table and the left side facing the door. The table/chairs seem less inviting to us and we would lose the potential space for sleeping. I appreciate everyone's input.

Eddie
Old 10-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #14

Have had the booth for the last 20 years,, I'm done. Want the table and chairs, printer will go in the cabinet iPad Pro 12 on the pull out.

The real office will be in the passenger seat With a Microsoft Surface Studio with 28 screen. Will also cross as co-pilot mobile data center mounted on a big articulating arm. When done, fold it flat and just push on to dash. Just have to figure out how to keep the sun off it.

Tags
air, computer