RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Breeze

Spoke to a Salesman here at Lazy Days and he said the Breeze would not be available until June or July and proably would be priced in the 150"s...just a little FYI

Arty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
paz

Thanks for the info. I was curious about the price. As full-timers, the Breeze will be a little small for us, and it's also a little too "Euro" for us; but we are always interested in Tiffin's products. Hopefully, the Breeze will do well for them.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Myself i would like to see Tifin start building Class C again. As i get older I'm ready to down size to a Class C. However you can not fine an Allegro class c anywere. And i won't buy from another manufacture.
Bravo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I think that many RVers considering a class C would be quite interested in the Breeze once they see it. Especially those who have had a larger pusher, want to downsize and save some money, but yet wouldn't mind keeping the rear diesel engine and air-ride suspension. After seeing the protype Breeze plus the new 32' Breeze chassis I believe that the July launch date is probably fairly accurate. Pricing was a guess though so I wouldn't bet either way on that.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We've been intensely interested in the Breeze since it's introduction last year. Specs. were finally posted on the Tiffin web site over this past weekend. Still interested in the coach, but the wheelbase to overall length ratio has me concerned. It's around a 0.42 which is a good indication that it might be a handful on the road. I questioned their Powerglide chassis manager about the 152" wheelbase and he said that the length was posted correctly. There will be a 32" version coming out later that has a 202" wheelbase. To date, only one has been built and it is out "being tested" right now, so the June/July time frame is probably close. Was told by the factory that there might be one to view in Red Bay by the end of May.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
paz

Wow! That wheelbase has me concerned, too, especially for a rear-engine coach. The wheelbase of the 1/2 ton pickup truck I used to have (< 20' long) was around 143", and this is only 9" longer.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Received a Breeze info packet from Tiffin yesterday. It confirmed the $ 150K pricing range. Earlier quotes from Tiffin implied that it would be much less than that, but it looks like they have continued to option it up as time went on. A few other things confuse me about this coach. It has a 10 cu.ft fridge which is nice, but in an RV this size? It is also listed as a 50 amp coach, but only has one AC unit and comes with a 7Kw genset. Looks more and more like they are trying to make a big coach in a small box.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie29b View Post
Received a Breeze info packet from Tiffin yesterday. It confirmed the $ 150K pricing range. Earlier quotes from Tiffin implied that it would be much less than that, but it looks like they have continued to option it up as time went on. A few other things confuse me about this coach. It has a 10 cu.ft fridge which is nice, but in an RV this size? It is also listed as a 50 amp coach, but only has one AC unit and comes with a 7Kw genset. Looks more and more like they are trying to make a big coach in a small box.
Tiffin always seems to try to do things in a first-class way. Even though the Allegro was Tiffin's entry level coach, it was always very well equipped. I don't think Tiffin knows how to build a stripped-down motorhome.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't question Tiffin's desire or ability to make a quality coach, just some of the decisions that they are making regarding the Breeze. Personally I think that a 10 cu. ft. fridge and 50 amp service are a bit much for a 28 ft. coach.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

The initial seed planted in Bob's head was put there by Judy Tiffin, who wanted a smaller RV with the amenities of the Allegro Bus. After a number of Tiffin owners weighed in Bob found that was pretty much what everyone wanted - big features in a small size that was more fuel thrifty. The Breeze isn't going to be an entry level coach. For that you need to go with the Allegro. The majority of the potential buyers want the pass-through basement storage, air-ride suspension, rear engine diesel, air brakes, and plenty of torque and power, while still having a targeted 14-16 MPG fuel economy. With all of that they aren't going to want to give up too many of the amenities. So the Breeze is not going to be the down and dirty low-ball price leader just because the first floorplan is fairly short. It's going to be the lowest priced full featured diesel pusher Tiffin offers that just happens to be small and fuel thrifty while still retaining some nice performance not typically found in that level coach. It really will be unique in the marketplace - at least until other manufacturers catch on and try to follow suit.

Tiffin is well known for giving the most bang for the buck. Part of that reason is standardization of components. It costs them less to drop a 50 amp service into the coach than a 30 because everything else they make is now using 50. Plus, the 32' Breeze will undoubtedly come with two air conditioners so the 50 will be needed in that floor plan. I'm guessing that the fridge is a similar issue. Just because the Breeze is short doesn't mean that the potential buyers won't want the room to store food. That and all of the nicer amenities won't put this coach in the same price league as the Allegro but then it's in a whole different league as far as features and chassis also.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I'd like to think that there is some pent up demand for smaller quality coaches out there. We're in that camp. I also don't have a problem with commonality of components among product lines. The amenities are nice, but good handling is imperitive. After driving a Class C for many years, I'm tired of poor to marginal control. That's my biggest concern with the Breeze, its short wheelbase. Maybe the Powerglide chassis will perfrom some magic and it'll handle well. I hope so. We plan to visit the factory and take a look. Really hope we will be pleasantly surprised, but how it acts on the road will be the deal maker or breaker.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #12

downsizing

After reviewing the floor plan Where do you put your clothes and when does the downsizing kick in It's still huge. At 150k should have a closet don't you think
old5town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm with you Old5Town, we love the idea of the coach but don't see where we would be able to put our clothes.

Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote