RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

Buy New Buy Ext Warranty

If you buy a new Tiffin get yourself a Ext Warranty!!! Because your going to need it and make sure (I don't know how you will know) the one you get can actually come out and fix something. Like when your brake pressure relief valve comes on and stays on and you run out of air and your stuck in no where. Or your exhaust comes apart and starts a fire in the back of the coach. Or when your slide out hydraulic line comes apart on one slide and it want go back in. Or when you develope a hydraulic leak at the rear off the trans. Or when the radiator starts leaking. Or when the hydraulic steering starts leaking at the front. Or the microwave decides to go south. Or when the satelite want pickup because of faulty ways of securing the wiring. Or when the entry door switch fails. Or when the leveling cylinder one leg want retract. When the hitch fails and you almost loose the toad. Not all the things but just a few. SO GET A GOOD EXT WARRANTY maybe a Good Sam but not one they sell at the dealership unless youve had good response and help before. Rant Off Now

boaterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #2

Wow! Thats some bad luck!

Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
Wow! Thats some bad luck!
I guess I did have some good luck!! The wife was barefoot and found the floor was HOT for some reason since we hadn't had the AH on. Or maybe that was bad luck also or it would have been a black spot on the side of the road. Oh did I fail to mention the tile cracking or the spots where the fiberglass cracked at the corners where the slides go in. Every few seconds I think of another problem. So I am now turning the thinking about it cap around.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #4

what really sucks is you can find someone with any brand with similar heartache. Had a 2011 sob with same insanity.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This sounds like on of my nightmares....
Sorry to hear you've had to live it.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
what really sucks is you can find someone with any brand with similar heartache. Had a 2011 sob with same insanity.
Yea, I guess every company has a monday and a friday !!!!!!!! LOL
Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterok View Post
Yea, I guess every company has a monday and a friday !!!!!!!! LOL
Well it got so bad that Tiffin came and got the POS 2011 Bus for a 3 week fixall. As soon as it got back took it to the dealer to get detailed up. Well as it sat in line it developed a leak antifreeze everywhere. Well they detailed it and fixed the lead (loose clamp) and was about to go home and while it was running it developed another (hydraulic) leak the power steering line broke. So left it again to get fixed. The next weekend while on a trip the slide started to go out and the wife stopped because she saw the slide was cocked. You guessed it the line they had just fixed at the factory had broken after only going in and out 3 times since getting it back. So I could put a white wrap on it and all the things that have gone bad would probably take almost the whole 45' side to document.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #8

I guess I will have to start a list on the otherside of the bus, I just remembered the windshield popped partially out on a trip also and had a glass company come out and reset and glue it back in. Going on another trip this weekend can't wait to see what happens this time. I better load up on some more go jo to clean up with and pack some extra tape.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #9

boaterok, I had one of those coaches, it was a new 11 Phaeton. It is now gone, just wore me down with issues.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #10

And I must say Tiffin is having there issues, Cracked roofs, and roof radius, Wet bay issues, wall cracks under slides, windshields coming loose, sagging interior roofs, walls flexing. They need to take a look at and get a handle on some of this.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
boaterok, I had one of those coaches, it was a new 11 Phaeton. It is now gone, just wore me down with issues.
I to am wore down, IF I get somewhere I hate to step outside for fear of what is leaking or falling off. IF I wasn't so far upside down I would get rid of it. When it was on fire I thought about letting it go on up in flames but didn't want to loose the trailer with the cars and gear inside. I wish I hadn't been so nice and understanding in the begging and I would have sought counsel for lemon law protection but you take your chances there also. A jury might think if you got enough money to afford one you deserve what you get mentality.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterok View Post
I to am wore down, IF I get somewhere I hate to step outside for fear of what is leaking or falling off. IF I wasn't so far upside down I would get rid of it. When it was on fire I thought about letting it go on up in flames but didn't want to loose the trailer with the cars and gear inside. I wish I hadn't been so nice and understanding in the begging and I would have sought counsel for lemon law protection but you take your chances there also. A jury might think if you got enough money to afford one you deserve what you get mentality.
I went through the same thing with a thor serrano ; upside down and too many problems to list. We bit the bullet and traded it for an 07 phaeton and are thrilled with it. What I'm saying is save yourself the heartache , bite the upside down bullet and do the trade for sob. Its worth it!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you are considering "Lemon Law", be wise consult with an attorney who has experience in field. Had a friend who used his family attorney and things went on for months, finally got a new one familiar with the laws and had the matter settled in weeks. Document, document, document, complain, complain complain as JPJ said don't give up the ship or was that we have just begun to fight?

What has happened to pride of workmanship and the customer is always right????

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
If you are considering "Lemon Law", be wise consult with an attorney who has experience in field. Had a friend who used his family attorney and things went on for months, finally got a new one familiar with the laws and had the matter settled in weeks. Document, document, document, complain, complain complain as JPJ said don't give up the ship or was that we have just begun to fight?

What has happened to pride of workmanship and the customer is always right????

Don G.
Pride in workmanship went out with the 60's!!! And after being a MC dealer for 20 years I can attest that the customer is not always right, all customers need to be treated fairly until they become unreasonable or want you to do something that is unethical. I have told more than one that I will fix what is wrong but want try to get something fixed under warranty that a aftermarket shop has butchered up to affix some chrome piece that you wanted put on. So I guess that's why I was more than reasonable as I do understand how things can happen but just not this many. If I was going to sell and get a new one to me it would be a used Foretravel or Monaco EX or Sig in the 2005-2007 year model.