RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #1

Camp Red Bay Status

Unable to access other forum that has a camp red bay status...
Anyone at CRB ?
All sites

tiffin43qrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
I was wondering the same thing. I need to back in two weeks.

Bowiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #3

CRB is full with dry camping only for 4 to 6 days before a full site is available. The Downtown Self Serve lot is full as well as the 4th St. Self Serve lot. Detail Depot was full but may have a site open up this weekend. McKinney had 2 sites open a couple of days ago, but probably full now. This is Tiffin's busiest time of the year so good luck finding anything.

Wait time for a general repair bay is 3 to 4 weeks. Express bays are 4 to 5 day waits. The paint shop is backed up for 2 weeks.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No problems accessing TRVN today.

FWIW: OP did not state his work-to-be-done...but I did see on TVRN today of a new 2 bay service facility opening up a mere 7 miles from the Tiffin plant. These guys are well-recommended and can handle custom work.

I like this development. It's good to see some alternative solution to the out-of-hand crowding problem at camp Red Bay. Too many owners on migration route kill the service availability for those who really have no choice but factory repair!
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, the new 2 bay service just down the road is a good development but the 2 owners of the shop are still working at Tiffin right now so I am not sure how that will play out. Another option is Custom RV just maybe 10 miles from Tiffin in Vina whose owner is a former Tiffin worker however, he is also jammed full for the next month. This month and next (especially October) are the busiest next to spring months when the snowbirds are moving. Current status as of 9-23: the average wait time per Norris is one month for full service but that is getting longer as more snowbirds are coming in. Rule says every 3rd appointment goes to a 2014 (priority) for full service bay. The Tiffin service campground is full, the McKinney lot across the street is full and the self-service just down from Tiffin is full. Don't know about the new 10 spot place near the post office as my friend who is there didn't know about it so is dry-camping. Geez!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmoses View Post
The Tiffin service campground is full, the McKinney lot across the street is full and the self-service just down from Tiffin is full. Don't know about the new 10 spot place near the post office as my friend who is there didn't know about it so is dry-camping. Geez!

A friend of mine, who has been there 2 weeks, tells me that everything is full including downtown with about 6 to 10 coaches dry camping at CRB.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #7

CRB

We're now on our third week waiting on service dry camping is down to about two units and the turn over for camping is changing every day as units complete and run for the door

grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote