Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Cleaning & Sealing Roof on 2000 Tiffin Allegro Bay

First, do I have a rubber or fiberglass roof? I am 70 and don't do a lot of climbing however, I did wash the roof this year with regular carwash soap. I used my ladder with a ladder standoff and the standoff pushed into the roof sealer when I was climbing up and down the ladder. I don't think it did any harm to the roof but it started me thinking.

I don't know when the roof has been sealed or even if it needs it. It does have some small hairline cracks along what appears to be seams along the roof (like the roof has been installed in three pieces). Any suggestions as to what to use as a sealer? The motor home is 34 ft and has a faded white roof.

You guys have been a big help to me in the past and thought I would try you before I went to a dealer. Thanks.
shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #2

I have an early 2001 Tiffin Allegro Bus and the roof is fiberglass. It is sealed with a white silicone sealer along the panel joints and very sturdy. I clean mine with Simple Green HD and (It is blue in color) and a small electric power washer I purchased at Home Depot. So far as I know mine is still sealed as it was from the factory and has never leaked. The white silicone they used at the factory is still pliable and will dent when pressed then return to position when released.

Hope this helps.
- Jerry
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #3

After I posted, I found this article that may help.

Protecting Your RV’s Roof – RV Roof Coating | Beaver Ambassador Club

-Jerry
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2000 Allegro Bus with a rubber roof. I cleaned it with TSP solution rinsed it good and put two coats of elasomedtric(sp) roof coating. I used Cool Seal brand and put it on with a 3/4 inch nap roller. I'm 76 and made it OK, wife came out to watch me fall off. Fooled her.

Tags
allegro, roof, seal, tiffin