Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #1

Combo washer/dryer-Splendide

I am looking at buying a coach with the above washer/dryer combo. Just 2 of us. Haven't read much positive feedback. Trying Irv2.
bbprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #2

My wife and I put a new splendide combo unit in our 5th wheel for a two month cross country trip and she hated it. The loads have to be very small and it takes for ever to dry. 3-1/2 hours to wash and dry a load of towels or jeans. Also can not dry sports type clothing ad it permanently wrinkles it. Can't even iron out the wrinkles after that.

We traded the 5th wheel in and bought our current motor home. It has a stacked whirlpool washer dryer and she loves that, takes less than half the time to wash and dry as the combo unit.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll agree. We have it and use it, but it's not the best. My next coach will have the separate stackable ones. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker, though. If I liked the coach enough, I'd buy it with the combo unit.
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #4

Is it a vented unit or the ventless?
aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwit View Post
I'll agree. We have it and use it, but it's not the best. My next coach will have the separate stackable ones. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker, though. If I liked the coach enough, I'd buy it with the combo unit.
That's what we have and will go to a separates when we order a new rig.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:15 AM   #6
YC1

We use ours constantly. Follow the instructions closely. Washes more than it can dry if you overload it. Use dryer balls to help with the fluffing and wrinkles. Ours is vented outside and would not have one that is not. Time is not an issue. Beats sitting in a laundry or having to go back and forth checking.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
We use ours constantly. Follow the instructions closely. Washes more than it can dry if you overload it. Use dryer balls to help with the fluffing and wrinkles. Ours is vented outside and would not have one that is not. Time is not an issue. Beats sitting in a laundry or having to go back and forth checking.
X2

Love mine.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
X2

Love mine.
X3 Great.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #9

combo

DW loves her's. Better results with fabric softener in the wash cycle. Who cares that it takes 3 hours unless you have nothing better to do than sit and watch it. We start it and walk away. Sure separate units would be better but when only offering is combo it does the job.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wife loves ours. We fire up the genset and wash and dry clothes as we travel. Then when we get there our time is free.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #11

Our experience FWIW: Had our combo 10 years, and better than a poke in the eye with a short stick but frustrates us how long it takes to go the full wash/dry cycle (3+hrs). Also have to iron absolutely everything that comes out of it. Really really wrinkled.

Like you, we are just hubby and I for the mostpart, but it holds very few clothes and yes it does beat sitting in a laundromat, lugging back and forth or dealing with dirty machines. If we do end up ever buying another RV we will opt for a stacked washer dryer by choice.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #12

I have the stackable Splendide set. Very happy with them and certainly wouldn't be without either. I can do my own washing in my unit whenever I want to do it.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #13

Does anyone have experience with these units?
LG 2.3 Cu. Ft. Ventless Washer/Dryer Combo Model:WM3477HW

This was rated #1 even though ventless and the Splendide vented was #5.

But all I ever see discussed is the Splendide in the RV forums. Getting ready to add a unit to our Montana Fifth Wheel ASAP.

Thanks for any feed back!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Combo washer/dryer-Splendide

DW loves ours. Load size is smaller than stand alone and the gray tank fills up quicker when the unit is in use, but it allows us to travel with fewer clothes.
DBTulsa is offline   Reply With Quote