Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #15

Which unit did you get?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
washer/Dryer Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprod View Post
I am looking at buying a coach with the above washer/dryer combo. Just 2 of us. Haven't read much positive feedback. Trying Irv2.
The Splendide washer/dryer combo came with our MH and it was one of the options we probably wouldn't have ordered.

That said, we love it. I wouldn't trade it for a stack set because we love the space saving aspect. Don't expect it to replace the washer dryer you have at home. But when used as per the directions, it works great.

But if you are normally in a hurry to get your clothes laundered, this is not for you.

We throw in a small load, maybe a couple of sheets, pillow cases & a couple of towels, program it & forget it for a couple of hours. It's kind of an R2D2 in the back of the coach. It just chugs away & does its job. Great little addition to a fine coach.
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswelld View Post
The Splendide washer/dryer combo came with our MH and it was one of the options we probably wouldn't have ordered.

That said, we love it. I wouldn't trade it for a stack set because we love the space saving aspect. Don't expect it to replace the washer dryer you have at home. But when used as per the directions, it works great.

But if you are normally in a hurry to get your clothes laundered, this is not for you.

We throw in a small load, maybe a couple of sheets, pillow cases & a couple of towels, program it & forget it for an hr & a half. It's kind of an R2D2 in the back of the coach. It just chugs away & does its job. Great little addition to a fine coach.

X2! It's all about expectations. I'm constantly amazed at people's minimum laundry requirements. We love our 11 year old combo & as you say, would not trade for a stacked pair. We would rather have the space.

If we are parked, we do a load every 2-3 days. If we are traveling, we save it and do 2-3 loads when we park.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #18

combo unit

DW loves it. Who cares how long it takes? I have better things to do than sit and watch it do it's thing.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
We use ours constantly. Follow the instructions closely. Washes more than it can dry if you overload it. Use dryer balls to help with the fluffing and wrinkles. Ours is vented outside and would not have one that is not. Time is not an issue. Beats sitting in a laundry or having to go back and forth checking.
absolutely agree - i do a load or two an evening when the hamper is full and find that even though its small and takes time doing this twice a week isnt much of a bother at all. I have never stepped foot in a public laundry facility in 2 years
Old 12-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #20

splendide combo

We have full timed with our combo vented unit for 7 years now. We were considering getting a stacked unit in our new bus, but got the combo again because of the extra storage space above it. We do a load every few days and it works fine for us. Main thing is take your sheets, or jeans out after the wash cycle and fold them. Then put them in to dry and use dryer balls and they come out pretty good. Main thing is don't leave them in the dryer when it stops. We threw away the iron, so we don't worry about that.
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdostal View Post
absolutely agree - i do a load or two an evening when the hamper is full and find that even though its small and takes time doing this twice a week isnt much of a bother at all. I have never stepped foot in a public laundry facility in 2 years
Hey... Merry Christmas Rudy!!

Yep... someone gave away a tip ^^^ about folding before placing in dryer... this little book has made a big difference in Annies opinion of the combo... I won't tell exactly how to do pants cause the author is full time and making $ from their work product - but think yule log...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419365962360.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	81705  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Washer/Dryer

we have that brand in our 14 Phaeton, they are two separate units with a shelf in between. The dryer vents outside .y wife loves them and we don't have any wrinkle problems.😀
pkschaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey... Merry Christmas Rudy!!

Yep... someone gave away a tip ^^^ about folding before placing in dryer... this little book has made a big difference in Annies opinion of the combo... I won't tell exactly how to do pants cause the author is full time and making $ from their work product - but think yule log...

Found the book on Amazon for $48, any hints on where to get it cheaper?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Found the book on Amazon for $48, any hints on where to get it cheaper?
Holy cow... I think the rvbookstore has closed down - believe me - I didn't pay that...

Edited...
http://www.aboutrving.com/bookstore.php

Not sure but looks like they are selling it for $9.95 on their site. And like the rvbookstore.com might still be open - but the books not there now...

It is a very small book - but it is worth the money when you consider not going to laundromat once you get good results.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #25

Combo would work, but we preferred the separate units.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Holy cow... I think the rvbookstore has closed down - believe me - I didn't pay that...

Edited...
About RVing Bookstore - RV LifeStyle - RV Travel Full Time RVing - RV Maintenance - RV Repair

Not sure but looks like they are selling it for $9.95 on their site. And like the rvbookstore.com might still be open - but the books not there now...

It is a very small book - but it is worth the money when you consider not going to laundromat once you get good results.
Got it, $9.95 plus $1 shipping, 3rd edition if Paypal bill is correct.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Got it, $9.95 plus $1 shipping, 3rd edition if Paypal bill is correct.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
She makes a point of saying - do all of these things - not just some, so belive it. Finish the book before you start using what you read.

And while this is obvious - it requires some thought, but once you have this contemplated it starts to get easier. You are drying with steam which is NOT what you do at home... this is Different and takes some adjusting.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...ith-steam2.htm

I think you will get your 11 bucks worth out of the book.

Merry Christmas and Ho Ho Ho.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:54 AM   #28

We have a Splendide in our Allegro Red 33AA, but have used the washer yet. The instructions say not to use it, unless you are hooked up to sewer, and we haven't been anyplace with sewer hookups, since we picked it up last June.