Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Considering 2000 Tiffin Allegro Bus 39

This coach is really nice, clean with 38K miles. Cummins Diesel, Diesel generator, etc... 38K miles is low for this motor is what I am told. Trading my 99 Pace Arrow 37 with blown motor that warranty company is fighting me on. The dealer is offering me $30,000 for the Pace Arrow as is (I bought it from them in 7/2008 for $33,000 with the warranty). The dealer is the warranty company's 2nd largest customer so, I assume they will get it covered for themselves. This is the 2nd big problem we have had with it so, we would be hesitant to take it on the road again even with a new engine. This Allegro Bus looks nearly new. Well maintained (by this dealer), good tires (Michelin) everything works and it runs really well. Having a note will not be fun (only owe on my house). I figure if I can get the note in the $500/month area or less, I feel I shoud jump on this. Going over there tomorrow to haggle on the price. Thoughts?
Sailshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Sailshak:
Welcome to the FORUM.
Tiffen makes a VERY good product from all the responses here on the forum. A 10% loss on a m/h is not too bad for nearly 3 yrs ownership. In todays market you ought to "haggle" pretty well.
Good luck and let us all know how it goes.
Safe Journeys...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We just bought the same thing, almost sounds like the same one! (our's has a couple thou less miles)... haven't had a chance to take 'er for a GOOD ride yet, but so far I'm way impressed...I'd be curious to the price they're attempting to sell it for...
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
unbelievable....

I arrived at the RV show Saturday evening ready to look for items for this RV if we closed a deal on it. I decided to go out and say hi to my salesman as I knew he would be there. He came up to me with this look on his face that said "bad news." The Allegro caught on fire. They put it out with an extinguisher. I couldn't believe it. He and I had poured over it for 3 1/2 hours on Friday, checking every system, testing each appliance, etc... to be sure it was in good operating order. We only had a 4 item to fix list. Nothing serious in any way. The worst was a headlight out. Now to choices #2 and #3. I would still be happy with either one. Guess I am just glad it happened while they owned it.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
SailShark; I have a 2004 Allegro by tiffin and it the best Motorhome that i have owned, we been RVing since 1985 I have Own a HR Class c which was a vere good MH, I had a Rockwood which was a junk from day one and i had a Winnebago which no better. i think you will fine Tiffin to be a great Motorhome.
Bravo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Allegro

My friend's father has a 2005 (I think) Allegro and he loves it. Tiffin builds a fantastic product. We have decided to put a fresh 454 and also add a new transmission and torque converter so our Pace Arrow 37 S will have a completely new drivetrain. We also are having new airbags and better springs installed. I had the entire brake system (lines, calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder, etc...) replaced in 2009 (part of it was warranty) and at the same time, we replaced the power steering pump. I am getting this work done for about $15,000. We then will go after the extended warranty company on the engine (threw a rod-they are fighting me on them covering the repair). Instead of dropping $49,000 on a different RV and potentially someone else's headache, we are spending $15,000 on ours which we will have practically built. I spent $33,000 to buy it, spent $1,500 on the prior repairs and will now spend $15,000 to do all of the above (includes a $575 towing bill). I really like my RV and feel this is the smart way to go.