Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
MCA, sorry to hear of your problems. I've had a 2012 43QGP Bus since September 2011 as well. Have had virtually no problems with it. Small detail stuff that i've taken care of myself. Have been tweaking the tag suspension a bit as well to adjust weights. Other than that just wishing I had more time to use it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had our 2013 Allegro Bus 45LP for about 5 months. We were all ready to place an order with the other company when we saw the 45LP and did an immediate emotional bonding with the layout, finish and colors. Five months and 4,000 miles later we have no regrets ... wouldn't do anything different if we had to repeat the process. Our unit was delivered in perfect working order (that's right, there was nothing wrong). We've checked out every system and yet only have a very short list of pretty minor issues ... awnings don't quite line up, a failed towel rail attachment, intermittent check engine warning, etc. Certainly nothing to detract from our enjoying the places that it takes us and the journey itself ... thumbs up for Tiffin.
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
I considered the Allegro bus seriously last year . I saw the 2014 LP bus at Hershey and it was really amazing- the new Rear Cap design is very attractive. Inside layout of the LP is pretty much perfect with the rear bathroom floor now totally flat from the bedroom and walk in closet is nothing short of the deal breaker . Nice new more modern finishes/tiles etc.
seems to have stepped up on price a lot from 2013 though. the one at show was a little over $400K

I agree with other posters on Entegra on storage - Tiffin has stepped up to all concerns i had with new coach woes which happens with them all. I chose the Zephyr which is the AB mother in law - basically same design as the LP but when i bought there was an odd step in the bus LP foorplan bathroom in front of the sinks But now it is been eliminated.

I also love the level tile floors on each side, no carpet anywhere. My understanding from Mr Tiffin that the 2014 will have carpet again which is sad - I've had NO trouble with my slides . Probably a cost cutting measure but wish more coaches would do flat slide floors. Only prevost and newels are left with them now
Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
PS I use the Logitech harmony remote as well - i unplugged the IR repeater tiffin put in I can control the ipod/Direct DVR satellite/blue ray etc anywhere in the house and outside - RF controls make it flawless . Only TV i want on goes on as well with it. For $199 should come standard instead of the IR extenders Tiffin uses. There's so many remotes that come with the coach just that now are in a box in the basement
Old 09-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
We are very seriously considering buying an Allegro Bus 45LP, 2014. Any experience or comments? Greatly appreciate any comments about Allegro or Tiffin products.
Thanks, Jim and Irene
I do not know on the newer units. My father is on his second bus, this one is an 06. The main problems in his 06 have been; fridge, washer hose (5 years old), 3 Freightliner chassis issues, jack retraction (right rear), and a couple other small items. The worst I worked on was his main slide. Once sheared the pin, other time was dragging up front and pulled it self out of alignment. I did both repairs, although the second required I jack the slide behind the drivers seat, then he adjusted the slide floor rollers.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #20

My wife are going to purchase the 2014 45LP as well. Just returned from the Pomona RVIA show, and have finally decided on the color. Hope to be ordering it in the next 2 weeks.
mcmahanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #21

The 45 LP has a very nice layout especially with the rear closet. We went to the Hershey RV show with every intention to order a new 45 LP, but decided that our 43 QGP was a little less modern inside and suited our large family. We prefer the dinette and double couches to the freestanding chairs and desks and fireplaces so many seem to have these days. After owning our Tiffin for coming on three years now, we had our share of growing pains breaking it in, but would definitely own another Tiffin. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
We are very seriously considering buying an Allegro Bus 45LP, 2014. Any experience or comments? Greatly appreciate any comments about Allegro or Tiffin products.
Thanks, Jim and Irene
If you order a Bus you will absolutely LOVE going to Red Bay and being there for the build, it's an awesome experience & I truly believe results in a higher quality coach and a much more educated owner.

On the flip side, I understand Newmar is very flexible about build modifications (such as additional or bigger cabinets). We plan to tour the Newmar and Entegra plants this spring before deciding on another Tiffin vs. one of those brands.

Good luck with your purchase, please post your experience for the rest of us!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We own a 2005 Allegro Bus 40 QDP, and it is fantastic, best coach I have ever owned or been in. Interior storage is great, exterior also. If I had to list any negatives, there would be but 3. The 2005's have the upward basement storage doors, which because of the slides, only come up to level. As I am 6'2" 290, I have to get on my knees to get to the storage. I believe 2006 they started with the side opening. Problem 2 is there is lots of storage in the bedroom, but none really in the bath area, so towels and such have a closet in the BR. And #3 is the toilet area is small, (mainly because of my size) as the shower is separate from the sink/toilet area. Very small problems for the overall excellence of the reat of the coach. Only way you get my Bus away is to trade for a newer one!!
denbob4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #24

We bought a 45 LP and could not believe that it drove much better than our 2013 43 bus We also like the layout much better, but one thing we had Lazy Days do or we would not have bought the coach. We had them install the L shaped couch like the one in the Zephyr as the one that comes in the bus is not comfortable
And you can fell the bar in the slideout part of the couch and the back is too short. We now love our new coach as it exactly what we wanted, also got all the bells and whistles worth ever pennyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1397957771.943857.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	60940[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepeed View Post
We bought a 45 LP and could not believe that it drove much better than our 2013 43 bus We also like the layout much better, but one thing we had Lazy Days do or we would not have bought the coach. We had them install the L shaped couch like the one in the Zephyr as the one that comes in the bus is not comfortable
And you can fell the bar in the slideout part of the couch and the back is too short. We now love our new coach as it exactly what we wanted, also got all the bells and whistles worth ever pennyAttachment 60940[IMG][/IMG]

Could you post a photo of your replacement couch and any details about it? Thanks!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Interior storage in Entegra is virtually non-existent. It's a well-built coach and "pretty" but overpriced and not for full-timers with all their possessions unless they don't have much and want to go to the basement for most everything. We looked VERY hard at the Anthem a year ago but when we started measuring the overhead cabinets we realized they were postage stamp sized. Newmar suffers from the same disease. When we put the actual tape measure to the cabinetry and calculated the interior cubic footage we were aghast. For interior storage it's gotta be a Winnebago or Tiffin, nothing else cuts the mustard.
I don't know what floorplan Entegra you were looking at, but our 44SL has enormous storage. We have been using it for a year and can't fill it up. Still have some half-filled cabinets, and we are pack-rats.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepeed View Post
And you can fell the bar in the slideout part of the couch and the back is too short. We now love our new coach as it exactly what we wanted, also got all the bells and whistles worth ever penny
Curious as to what you thought about the differences in the ride. I assume your 2013 43 bus was on a power glide chassis? Is your new 45 LP on the same chassis? We had a freight liner on our previous Damon motor home and there was a huge difference to the Tiffin power glide as the powerglide was unbelievably comfortable. We drove the Damon to upstate New York one year and I figured I would find my way home by following the parts that sounded like they were falling off on the highway along the way. We bought our Tiffin in Buffalo and I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it was driving home.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #28

I will get a picture of the couch tomorrow as I don't have one and the coach is stored in our barn
The previous bus we had a Freightliner chassis but a friend of ours bought the 45LP and traded in a 2012 43 ft bus on a Powerglide chassis and he made the same claim to me that it drove much better