RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile Considering downsizing to a 32BR

We built our 2011 Allegro Bus 43QRP for full-timing and it is a fantastic motorhome - beautiful, spacious and all the upgrades. We now have a stick and brick, but still travel about 30 - 40% of the time and have been seriously considering the advantages of a smaller DP:

Accessibility to campgrounds that are tight for the Bus
More options for storage sites
Wife might be willing to drive a smaller vehicle
Improved fuel economy
Smaller investment in a depreciating asset
Other things we probably haven't listed

We've liked the Breeze from the time Tiffin first introduced it, and have read countless posts from satisfied owners. We'd like to hear from anyone who has downsized that much - how did it work for you? Do the advantages outweigh what you give up in space and luxury?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Road-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #2

Since no one is talking about the 32BR. My thought is you might want to look at the Allegro 36LA. It's gas, but has a lot of nice features. Dave

allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We upsized to a Breeze 32BR, so I didn't respond to the OP's inquiry about downsizing.

But okay .... I can discuss a Breeze, in general. Great rig, handles well, fuel use w/3,800 lb. toad at 62ish MPH is in the 11-12 MPG neighborhood. Decent storage upper and lower. No washer/dryer room, however.

Hope that helps (although not an answer about downsizing to a 32BR).
Old 05-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Might also want to consider the RED 33AA, can't help with the downsizing aspect.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
X2 on the 33aa. We are very happy we bought it, and it even has a great king bed. we are presently averaging over 10 mpg diesel, very happy with that too.

The gassers were nice also in the 31-32ft. Range.

We upgraded to allegro red from an Itasca navion MBz. Loved the unique size and handling, but just too small, got tired of banging our heads, and no storage.

I can't imagine needing 10 ft. Longer than the 33aa. It seems like the perfect size.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #6

We are also considering the 32BR as a downsize from our Georgetown 357QS, it's just the two of us so no real need for what we have. Just have to wonder about the small HP diesel motor.

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Bmurph, yes that is why we went with the 33aa Red rather than the 32breeze. I did like the size of the breeze, but it did seem a little underpowered, so went with the bigger 33aa which is one foot longer, one foot wider with slides out. I still like the height of the breeze though. But overall we got the closest thing to it, but more power and an L couch, which is nice, plus the king bed and more storage.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #8

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a larger black tank as an option in a Breeze? Some day I wouldn't mind one, but the 30 gallon black tank feels small... 40 we could manage with, but I know with a 30 there are definitely changes we'd have to make to our style that I don't think I could sell my wife on...

Steve
Old 05-30-2015, 10:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
Bmurph, yes that is why we went with the 33aa Red rather than the 32breeze. I did like the size of the breeze, but it did seem a little underpowered, so went with the bigger 33aa which is one foot longer, one foot wider with slides out. I still like the height of the breeze though. But overall we got the closest thing to it, but more power and an L couch, which is nice, plus the king bed and more storage.
We love the floor plan of the 33AA but it's out of our price range so if we get one we will have to wait a few years and pick up a nice used one.

2012 Tiffin
Old 05-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the comments. We are interested in the Breeze 32 for the compact size, IFS, smart slides and air leveling. Just wondering if anyone has gone down 11 feet in size and been pleased with the change. The main differences seem to be the queen bed, smaller bedroom and no laundry. [Moderator Edit] we plan to wait for the changes in the 2016 Breeze before making a decision. I'm a Cummins fan, so if the rumor is true, that might make the difference. Is anyone versed in the main changes from the 2014 to 2015 model Breeze?
Road-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Dog View Post
... snip .... Is anyone versed in the main changes from the 2014 to 2015 model Breeze?
The only difference I'm aware of is the 2015 no longer has a little window above the kitchen sink area. For us, it is a good source for a bit of fresh air and some daylight.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
The only difference I'm aware of is the 2015 no longer has a little window above the kitchen sink area. For us, it is a good source for a bit of fresh air and some daylight.
USA, I see you have a Breeze. What is your opinion of the motor, does it have enough power, have you pulled a toad?

We looked at a 2012 32BR today, we really liked it but I never took it for a test drive.

2012 Tiffin
Old 05-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
USA, I see you have a Breeze. What is your opinion of the motor, does it have enough power, have you pulled a toad?

We looked at a 2012 32BR today, we really liked it but I never took it for a test drive.
Power seems very adequate, we tow a Ford Escape which weighs about 3,600 pounds. We like our Breeze. Had two smaller diesel coaches before this, love the increased space.

Good luck with your search.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
As far as the OP question on a larger black tank I think the answer would be no. Every inch of space in that area is filled from what I saw on one being built on the line.

Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote