Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsrtrider View Post
Phaeton has way better quality than Discovery I compared both a few months ago and wouldnt buy a discovery. Everybody has their own wants and needs.
We looked at the Discovery a couple of years ago and it failed my wife's drawer test---the drawer bottoms were made of wall panel rather than wood. All Tiffins use wood bottoms. Actually at the time you had to go up to a Dutch Star with Newmar to get wood drawer bottoms, the others had wall panel bottoms, just like our KZ travel trailer had.

The Discovery had poor finishing on the cabinets and woodwork; they were dust speckles all over under the finish.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #16

Considering Other RV Brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark1 View Post
I have a 2009 Phaeton QTH and we have been pleased with it. I am considering upgrading to a 2013-2016 RV. I’ve always thought of myself as a Tiffin guy. I am considering other brands because I can no longer get factory service because my coach is 10 years old. I know Tiffin is selling a lot of RV’s but they are also generating a lot of revenue. Tiffin is the only manufacturer that I am aware of that has this policy. I plan to start my search soon. I am considering Newmar, American coach and Entegra. I don’t have them ranked. Any feedback on the brands mentioned will be helpful. Thanks!
If your legs are long enough that your feet will reach your butt, I'd say go for it. You will be sick.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Your on a Tiffin forum. What really do you expect from Tiffin owners?...
I have looked at several over the last Two Years and done Factory tours of 3 as I consider a new coach. "My" rating is Newmar. Entegra then Tiffin, in that order and all acceptable except I don't like the lack of insulation in the front and rear cap I saw on Tiffin, a minor point . At this point I'm still not convinced to trade. I also looked at American last year ('19 Discovery lxe ) Big bang for the buck with lots of features and dealers willing to deal ...The interior "construction" is up to your taste and tolerance at that price-point I found it ok for the price. Latest I saw was they were using upscale Villa furniture that I found very comfortable but ymmv. The drive trains are pretty much cookie cutter With some Chassis differences.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark1 View Post
I have a 2009 Phaeton QTH and we have been pleased with it. I am considering upgrading to a 2013-2016 RV. I’ve always thought of myself as a Tiffin guy. I am considering other brands because I can no longer get factory service because my coach is 10 years old. I know Tiffin is selling a lot of RV’s but they are also generating a lot of revenue. Tiffin is the only manufacturer that I am aware of that has this policy. I plan to start my search soon. I am considering Newmar, American coach and Entegra. I don’t have them ranked. Any feedback on the brands mentioned will be helpful. Thanks!

We have 2016 AC Tradition (current Dream is rough equivalent).
When we looked in 2016 we found Tiffin wanting on things(not least of which was factory location), Newmar good over all, Entegra a question mark with ownership change and problems with nearest dealer, and AC good overall.

Now actual experience with our coach:
Most problems fixed under warranty even some that they found and were hidden. Did have a problem we wound up paying for and that was seat material replacement. A few times I have been VERY glad for the bridge chassis. Roads are worse than I had realized and some parks bad also.

Talking to people with different makes I have not found any that are problem free all the time when new. Service is or should be a major item in your decision. Wife liked finishes on AC best and Newmar a distant 2nd. Hated Entegra and disliked Tiffin. Understand that was a style choice not a quality choice on her part. We live in Central IN so again Tiffin was moved down as 1 day to factory is a lot more than 90min. Had we lived in AL I am sure Tiffin would have moved up a lot.

Do note I can not speak for Fleetwood etc. as we really did not look at them much.

I have not really talked to anyone very upset with Tiffin. I have at least read of folks very upset with AC, Newmar, and Entegra. Still most are happy with all four.

Tom
Old 10-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Considering Other RV Brands

Yeah, Entegra dealers need to order more full body paint on the vision xls. Most look ugly like the entry level Winnebago. I haven't seen a Tiffin finish that I did not like. Long term service is a powerful selling point though.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote