RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

Convert dining table to booth?

We are looking at the 2013-2014 Phaetons and Allegro Bus, and most have the kitchenette instead of the booth.

We are more interested in the booth because we have little ones (can convert to bed), and wondering how difficult it would be to convert it after production.

Thanks for any insight!

ryant858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
That would be a good question to ask the boys at Red Bay... I wouldn't think it would be too hard if you found the right furniture, but that may be a problem unless you go back to the factory.

Those convertible booths don't make a very good bed and can be troublesome. Maybe you could find a bunkhouse model... Just a thought.

LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
That would be a good question to ask the boys at Red Bay... I wouldn't think it would be too hard if you found the right furniture, but that may be a problem unless you go back to the factory.

Those convertible booths don't make a very good bed and can be troublesome. Maybe you could find a bunkhouse model... Just a thought.
There was a recent announcement that they will no longer be doing "remodeling" work at the Tiffin service center.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
There are many aftermarket customizers in Red Bay that can handle that conversion. Check the Tiffin RV Network website for some names (www.tiffinrvnetwork.com).
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We got the booth for the same reason new, and happy with it along with the bed factor. We had company last night and my sister and I used it to sit for the evening and could both rest our legs on the nice padding while photo and snacks were exchanged on the table. Very handy, and hoping to get use also when my new grandchild gets old enough to travel! We will have room for mom and dad and the child on the booth bed.
I hope you can just order the same one Tiffen uses, and have it installed near your home. Give them a call. Good luck.http://www.glastop.com/rv-furniture-detail.asp?id=169
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I bought our used Ventana last fall, we wanted a booth for the grand kids to sleep on. Plus the DW and I like a booth better. The dealer contacted Newmar and they made one and the dealer installed it. Newmar even had the fabric left over that they used in 2010 when mine was built. If your buying from a dealer, ask them about it.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
For the OP in your searches, be careful because all booths are not convertible beds. When looking at pictures of coaches, there are three things I look for on the booth to tell me that it converts to a bed:

1) The small lever just under the front of the table that you turn to drop the table
2) Small wooden blocks or cut outs on the bench where the knee bends, these blocks/cut outs help support the table when it is in the bed position
3) Plain smooth bench seats opposed to the bench seats that have the indented line that would not be comfortable to sleep on

These three things may not always apply, but the point is not to be fooled by a fixed booth if you're looking for a convertible bed/booth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Non-Sleeper.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	86767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleeper.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	86768  

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #8

We talked to tech.s at Red Bay last Sept. when we were there and they said to remove the cabinets that we had with the dinning room table and in stall the booth would run us about $495.00 plus the price of the booth. The dealer across the street from Tiffin repair center had plenty of booths there
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #9

Ok, cool... thanks everyone. Sounds like a relatively simple swap if needed... I really appreciate the input & tips!

ryant858 is offline   Reply With Quote