Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #1

Could Tiffin build a 36LA,, In a Red?

One can dream...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

Could they? Yes.

Will they? Doubtful. The biggest selling point (I believe) in the 36LA is the bath and a half. They already have that in the Red 38QRA. With 2 extra slides.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:19 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We own a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38 QRA....quad slide , bath and a half , stack washer dryer , king bed , lots of storage , 10K hitch rating , 360 Hsp Cummings, you should go test drive one if you can...you'll love it
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The biggest selling point for us was a main TV across from the sofa. No need to turn your head at a angle to watch TV. The TV location, Selling Price, and All the things in the 36LA we bought was what sold us. Ours has every option that was available in 2014.
I would probably not buy it if it had a diesel engine. Just can't justify in my mind the $50K average cost increase for a diesel engine.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
In our 2016 32 SA the tv/ fireplace was across from the sofa. We enjoyed being able to feel the heat on a chilly day. In our Red my wife often sits at the table facing the rear of the coach ( she can watch that tv ) and I sit on the couch watching to forward tv ( different channel ). We seem to adjust to placement and will adjust again when we buy our next coach.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #6

I love the TV placements in the 36LA. I have looked at the floor plans of the Red and not a single one had the TV and fireplace across from the sofa. It was a deal breaker for me and we ended up with the 36LA. Love the bath and a half, too. If we decide to upgrade to diesel, we will have to go for a Phaeton.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyLadd View Post
In our 2016 32 SA the tv/ fireplace was across from the sofa. We enjoyed being able to feel the heat on a chilly day. In our Red my wife often sits at the table facing the rear of the coach ( she can watch that tv ) and I sit on the couch watching to forward tv ( different channel ). We seem to adjust to placement and will adjust again when we buy our next coach.

Funny. We are just the opposite. Had the forward and rearward TVs which we didn't like so we bought the 36LA. Still have the TV over the dash which we use when sitting at the table. Best of both worlds.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:46 AM   #8

What has drawn me to the 36LA, is both the slides being out the drivers side. #2 is the perfect separation of the kitchen and the living room.

That said, outside area on the passenger side is what I am dealing with now. The awning only goes 13 feet. And on the LA we have the entire rig, the biggest Domestic awning I believe is 32 feet.Not only do I want to beat my mom's record awning on a Holiday rambler at 31 feet.I would like to protect everything that is outside where I spend 60% of my time.

We have the whole side of the rig, lets go big on outside living. I would not care if it was manual with a center support. Would be nice if Domestic increased the main barrel to 6 inch for such a distance. Then go out ten feet instead of just 8.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
I love the TV placements in the 36LA. I have looked at the floor plans of the Red and not a single one had the TV and fireplace across from the sofa. It was a deal breaker for me and we ended up with the 36LA. Love the bath and a half, too. If we decide to upgrade to diesel, we will have to go for a Phaeton.
I just checked the floor plans for the Red and noticed one I hadn't seen before, the 37BA. I might be able to live with this one. It has a bath and a half and an option for a TV, fireplace and recliner across from the sofa. Only drawback is that the sofa looks small compared to the one in the 36LA. Not ideal, but doable. Love the Phaeton 40IH, too. Will have to see what the $$$$s say when we get to that point. Personally, I would be happy keeping the 36LA for the duration, but DH wants a diesel because of our experience evacuating for Irma. Plenty of diesel up and down the state, but gas was in short supply.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
What has drawn me to the 36LA, is both the slides being out the drivers side. #2 is the perfect separation of the kitchen and the living room.

That said, outside area on the passenger side is what I am dealing with now. The awning only goes 13 feet. And on the LA we have the entire rig, the biggest Domestic awning I believe is 32 feet.Not only do I want to beat my mom's record awning on a Holiday rambler at 31 feet.I would like to protect everything that is outside where I spend 60% of my time.

We have the whole side of the rig, lets go big on outside living. I would not care if it was manual with a center support. Would be nice if Domestic increased the main barrel to 6 inch for such a distance. Then go out ten feet instead of just 8.

Feel free to have that mod done third party. Don't want Tiffin to even consider that. I'm happy enough that the existing awning covers the entry door and leaves lots of natural light for the bedroom.

We also love the slides only on the drivers side. Much more functional when stopped, and easy access to the entire passenger side basement. Less slide mechanisms to break or fail, too.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
The biggest selling point for us was a main TV across from the sofa. No need to turn your head at a angle to watch TV. The TV location, Selling Price, and All the things in the 36LA we bought was what sold us. Ours has every option that was available in 2014.
I would probably not buy it if it had a diesel engine. Just can't justify in my mind the $50K average cost increase for a diesel engine.
The TV thing just amazes me. I told my wife maybe the RV manufacturers have a deal with a chiropractic association or something! Having the TV 90 degrees from the seating is just nuts. LOL

Most motorhome models have alternative floorplans with either televators opposite one of the seating areas or an angled tv facing seating. For some reason Tiffin does not have either of these in the RED line but do in other models. That really surprises me since Tiffin does so many things so well.
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad View Post
The TV thing just amazes me. I told my wife maybe the RV manufacturers have a deal with a chiropractic association or something! Having the TV 90 degrees from the seating is just nuts. LOL

Most motorhome models have alternative floorplans with either televators opposite one of the seating areas or an angled tv facing seating. For some reason Tiffin does not have either of these in the RED line but do in other models. That really surprises me since Tiffin does so many things so well.

It's called available space. The longest Red is 38 ft, and the entry door is smack dab where another place for a tv would be. They could reverse the kitchen location to the drivers side, but that would then throw off side to side weight distribution.

Add to that, more people want more slides for more living space, and it starts limiting where weight bearing walls can go.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRichard View Post
It's called available space. The longest Red is 38 ft, and the entry door is smack dab where another place for a tv would be. They could reverse the kitchen location to the drivers side, but that would then throw off side to side weight distribution.

Add to that, more people want more slides for more living space, and it starts limiting where weight bearing walls can go.
There are a lot of 38' or shorter models with TV's in viewable locations. For example the Newmar Ventana LE 3709 and 3713 floorplans are 37' and both have tv's on televator's opposite the sofa.
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad View Post
There are a lot of 38' or shorter models with TV's in viewable locations. For example the Newmar Ventana LE 3709 and 3713 floorplans are 37' and both have tv's on televator's opposite the sofa.

Yes, they do, and they also chose to split their kitchen in order to do that, which is what I wrote about above. Apparently Tiffin doesn't want to mess with a successful weight distribution model in order to make that happen.

Tags
tiffin