RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #1

Has anyone had experience with Dickey Stout in Texas?

2009 Tiffin 43 QRP
Jersyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #2

Has anyone had experience with Dickey Stout in Texas?

2009 Tiffin 43 QRP
Old 03-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I haven't, but did you give Cartec a shot? My dealings with them so far have been good, as have 2 friend's dealing with them. I have heard of one guy having some problems there, but that was a few years ago.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 AM   #4

I was told by a couple of Tiffin owners while I was visiting Red Bay that Dickey Stout was an excellent dealer to do business with.

2009 Tiffin 43 QRP
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #5

Anybody dealt with La Mesa RV. We just purchased a new 2008 Phaeton 36. Bargained hard. Traded in 2004 Itasca sundancer. Paid for new vehicle (loaded) 156 K + Sundancer. Got concessions on delivery to CA from AZ and final payment on delivery (by end of May)
consult626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #6

Haven't delt with La Mesa for a couple of years. We bought a 2000 Itasca Horizon from them and had continuing problems with their service department. Took 2 or more trips from Riverside (90+ miles) to get anything fixed..sometimes with the incorrect part - 1) thermostat and 2)light fixture. I finally started using my Colton Winnebago dealer (Altman RV) and have been very happy with them. I will not use La Mesa again!

Robb & Sue Steinheider
03 Ultimate Advantage
02 Saturn L100 Toad
Duncan the Dalmation
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #7

we are at dicky stouts this weekend to pu our coach that we bought from them.they were doing warrenty work on.they are a good dealer to buy from that will take care of you after the sale.would buy from them again.good luck
lg
Old 04-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #8

Evidently not all La Mesa locations are close to equal. If you search, you can find some very unflattering writeups. I bought a Bus on February 1 from the Tucson La Mesa and can't say enough about them. The sales force was not pushy, and was very knowledgeable. We paid a fair price and got a fair trade in. RV Prep and service was also extremely good. We had a number of major changes and they handled it as expeditiously as possible and did excellent quality work.

We took our trade to them 2 years ago when a grand daughter ran a pickup into a bedroom slide, and were pleased with the service then, as well.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #9

We made a purchase from La Mesa - Tuscon, 2 years ago. We can't say enough about this agency. The sales and service department were top notch. However, we met a customer that had made a purchase at La Mesa - Phoenix. He said that he wouldn't get within 100 miles of their service department, but was very pleased with the Tuscon facility.

2000 DSDP 38
Homeless Vagabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Purchased our Allegro from La Mesa in San Bernardino, CA. I am not at all happy with either sales or service dept. Lots of problems that shouldn't have been. I would not buy another unit from this dealer, nor use the service dept of same.

Dieselclacker
Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #11

We have purchased two Allegros from Dickey Stout RV Ranch in Amarillo. We have found that they deliver beyond the requirements of the sale. Our first was a 1999 Allegro Bus (4 years old when we bought it). Obviously, some things were apparent that were wrong. They fixed free of charge everything we pointed out at the sale. We discovered some other things on our first trip out. They fixed all them again free of charge. Since then, we purchased a 2006 Allegro . They have taken care of warranty work by fixing it quickly & right the first time. We use their salesman Sherm Stockton. He'll treat you right.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote