RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Dimplex BF9000 FP heater blower stopped working

Am wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their electric fireplace heater/blower dying. Went to use it for the first time this year and the flames light up but the heater blower will not work. No air or heat. Itís still under warranty so itís either have Tiffin fix it when we go to Red Bay in January or have Dimplex send replacement parts until I find the issue. Has anyone experienced this? We have a 2016 36LA.
Thanks! Steve

stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 06:06 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You could recheck the switch settings and the heat setting switch. Then I would look for a blown fuse. After that let Tiffin fix it under warranty. We carry two small 1500 watt heaters during cold weather. You could do that until you get the fireplace repaired.
Make sure you have good shore power. You could have lost a leg of input power.

flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
You could recheck the switch settings and the heat setting switch. Then I would look for a blown fuse. After that let Tiffin fix it under warranty. We carry two small 1500 watt heaters during cold weather. You could do that until you get the fireplace repaired.
Make sure you have good shore power. You could have lost a leg of input power.

X2, I have the same unit. It's fooled me before because it has two switches, one for fake flame and one for heater/blower. Also the rotary thermostat dial.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for your replies! I have the switches in the correct position and can turn on the fake flames manually and with the remote. I have the thermostat dial turned all the way clockwise but when I toggle the heater switch on nothing happens. Iíve turned the breaker in the bedroom off and back on but still no heat. I have not looked at the fuses in the outside bay under the drivers side yet. Everything else in the coach works fine. Oh well. Lol

Steve
Old 10-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I know this sounds stupid, but turn the heat switch off and move the thermostat to the other end of it's travel. Turn the heat back on and slowly advance the heat knob. The thermostat should at least click when you set it to a temperature higher than the coach ambient temp.

Since the heater actually plugs into an outlet behind it, you may have to access that area and reseat the plug. Depending on the model, that might mean pulling the whole thing off the wall. Good luck and if you don't want to fool with it, take it to your dealer.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Symptoms are definitely weird.. If there were a problem with the plug, the fake flame wouldn't come on either, as the OPs does.
So, to review, one switch turns the fake flame on..(works), the other switch turns on the fan (not working). The thermostat dial turn on the heat coil so that the fan blows warm air. My manual does not mention any fuses except for an overheat lockout. Lockout is reset by leaving the main on/off switch off for 5 minutes. I would call Dimplex support at 888-346-7539. Unit has a 2 year warranty
Old 11-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #7

Steve. Let us know what you find out.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Well, I called the 888 number and while waiting the 10-15 minutes my call dropped. Verizon in South Tampa is very weak. Anyway, the message on customer service said I would need the model and serial number of the unit. Since the call dropped I decided Iíd get the serial number off the unit so I went ahead and not only removed the glass but I also removed the entire thing. I was going to look for something obvious like a loose wire but when I noticed it was basically a totally enclosed unit I decided I shouldnít just start removing screws in an attempt to look for a possible loose wire. I went ahead and did my best to reinstall the unit back how it was before I touched it, and guess what? I turned the breaker back on in the bedroom and tah dah...... the darn thing now works! And as far as I can tell I did nothing! I guess itís better to be lucky than good! I did have to firmly tap and push on it to get to flush again. Perhaps that did it. and earlier today we even bought a small portable heater. Too funny! Thanks again for everyoneís input!
Steve
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #9

Well, there ya go..!

Tags
heat, heater