Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I agree with les.wardens post. Things are gonna change when Bob retires. I have heard He tried to retire once before and had to come back to straighten things out. This was before I had anything to do with Tiffin RVs so not sure if info is correct. Hope he stays for many many more years.

I, too, heard the same story and do hope he hangs around. He WILL retire some day and well deserved.
With that, we have a 2017 Phaeton and have nothing but praise for the coach and how we’ve been treated the two times we were in Red Bay. Wonderful people bending over backwards to help with your issues. Compared to a house in a constant earthquake, we’ve had little to no issues with the coach. Still loving it and headed out this week “Roughing it Smoothly” towards the West
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #16
PKI

We discussed the "Bob retiring" issue with a long time RVer and RV business owner. His thought was that Bob has two sons who have been part of the business for a long time. He felt they have the ability to step up to the required role. This thought came out of personal business to business involvement with one of the sons in respect to the Tiffin operations. So maybe there is a plan that will work. Certainly hope that this family business continues to be successful and is never ruined by a mega corporate profit this year take over.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
This topic has hit the proverbial "Y" in the crossroads for me. Let me explain.
1. Regarding the exchange that the OP had about first or second owner. If *Quality* is the issue and Tiffin (a or any other OEM) sets their length of coverage in writing, what is the difference who owns the RV? The item should be covered under the warranty as provided by the OEM if they hold themselves to that quality standard.
2. While there are warranty coverage periods "xx months".....if the defect is a know warranty issue, should the OEM "consider" covering the defect under the original warranty -- even if technically "out of date"? This is the fine line that is walked when there is a decision regarding what is - and is not - covered under the warranty.
p.s. "attitude" does play a big part in the service writer (or CSR, etc on the phone) that is making the judgment call regarding the warranty. I always advocate kindness and logic over unnecessary (rude) behavior.
I would think that a call into Bob might provide some relief - especially since the original phone exchange had leaned in her favor. Most people are reasonable if you are reasonable with (to) them.
....my .02 (....and stepping off of my soapbox)
Dale.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Cummins does the same thing, warranty is only good for the first owner.

Because I got my Tiffin last week, I brought the paperwork in to get familiar with it this is what my paperwork says for a 2016 in the Cummins supplement.

These Warranties are made to all Owners in the chain of distribution and Coverage continues to all subsequent Owners until the end of the periods of Coverage. So from how I read it, 5 years 100,000 mi.
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #19

Just went through some warranty issues as second owner of a REV Group coach. Their warranty transfers to 2nd owner so I was surprised when I learned Tiffin didn’t.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #20

I just thought I would post an up date, as people are still viewing this thread. I did talk directly with Bob Tiffin, a very, very, nice man. He was very sympathetic in trying to get to the cause of this. He sent his West Coast Rep over to take a look at the blemish on the coach. His opinion is that it was backed in to something and then repaired (improperly). We have not done that, and the owners we purchased from denied doing that. He even tried to contact the previous owners for us. He went to the effort of trying to find out if it was repaired at a Tiffin Service, thinking he at least could get them to warranty the work. No luck, we are stuck having to make this repair ourselves. Trust me, when we bought this, we looked it over carefully, must just be the shoddy work from the "repair".

I understand Tiffiin being hesitant to put that kind of money into something, they feel did not come from the factory. They at least, did try to help me out, and as I said very friendly!
julie pratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, warranty