Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Does anyone with a class A gas have the shake problem when on jacks?

Have a 2015 Tiffin 36 LA open road.... fully loaded including sumo springs.... drives very well... love the coach... but when at campsite up and level perfectly... when we walk back and forth the coach shakes so much that my wife gets nausea.... any ideas?

We press auto level n have a small level tool..she is level..tires are not up in air either..but we don't like this shaking n rolling when we walk... did not notice this before when first purchased... disappointed

Any advice is appreciated ty
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine did the same thing. What I did was after it was level I hit the rear and front up button for a second or so to set them good. Took out most of the shake. Still get it sometimes when the washer is spinning.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #3

Manually lift each corner another 2 or 3 inchs and see if it gets better or worse.

If it gets worse, see if the jacks are loose, where they bolt up.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I find that the coach is more stable when I put blocks under the jacks so they don't have to extend so far to level the coach. The longer the piston is out the more swaying we get.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
I find that the coach is more stable when I put blocks under the jacks so they don't have to extend so far to level the coach. The longer the piston is out the more swaying we get.
X2...This solved our problem also.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #6

Ditto on blocks under the jacks.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
Agree with this 100%. We use 4" blocks so the jacks don't have to fully extend. I also level again after the slides have been deployed as we put jacks down before extending slides. I will also slightly manually bump front and rear down to essentially lock in the jacks. Sort of like actually using the tightening nuts on the legs of a front load washer. It can be level but if the legs are not tightened down, the machine may vibrate more on the spin cycle.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
These are all excellent ideas. I have a 2014 36LA that does the same thing. I have noticed that it needs to be leveled after extending the slides. They are practically a full wall slide and change the weight center point after being extended. I have some shake when in Dryer spin cycle. Now for the BAD news.
I had excessive wobble/shaking like you have on your 2015. I found the basement frame welds were broken where they attach to the Ford chassis. Tiffin Serv Ctr fixed all the broken welds. This reduced the shaking to practically nothing. Look under your coach and check the welds. Look along the outside of the Ford main chassis frame and you will see where the basement steel framing is welded to the Ford frame. There are several welds on each side of the coach but the DS is problematic due to the weight of the extended slides. If you don't know how to do the inspection then have a qualified Service center inspect the frame welds. This is a common problem and Tiffin modified the framing on 2017 models (I looked at them at Red Bay) not sure if they modified 2016 or 2015 models. Tiffin repaired my coach under warranty.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Great advice

Well I went under coach n all welds are good... I will go and get blocks and raise to see if that fixes it... the issue I am having is that the coach did not do this til recently....and we pretty much repeated the same campsites. The wife swears it didn't do this in 2015 when we got it n trust me....she knows... she can tell if something is crooked or off kilter a mile away...very susceptible to vertigo.....

Steve
Old 08-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetseal40 View Post
Well I went under coach n all welds are good... I will go and get blocks and raise to see if that fixes it... the issue I am having is that the coach did not do this til recently....and we pretty much repeated the same campsites. The wife swears it didn't do this in 2015 when we got it n trust me....she knows... she can tell if something is crooked or off kilter a mile away...very susceptible to vertigo.....

Steve
I'm not in a Tiffin but sounds like you might need to re-set the Null on the auto level, or manually get it steady, amazing how the Auto Null setting can just go wrong.

Best of luck, and report back if you find the solution.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Glad to hear you don't have broken welds. When I was at Red Bay in March this year three 36LAs came in with broken welds. Keep a eye on them.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
I'm not in a Tiffin but sounds like you might need to re-set the Null on the auto level, or manually get it steady, amazing how the Auto Null setting can just go wrong.

Best of luck, and report back if you find the solution.

What is re set the Null? How do you do it?
Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #13

Mine did one shake this weekend and I didnt have the jacks down. I thought it was a jack issue but the jacks were not down and it just really shuttered one time and not again. Of course, we notice in the middle of the night. Note: I have replaced all the jacks and checked the welds, still happens.
moodyblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, gas, jacks