RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeanddeb View Post
said needed parts 2 to 3 weeks for delivery unless I pay $60 for overnight part delivery. Told them no, sounds like BS to me.
I've found over the years with larger truck chassis's that the manufacturer like say Peterbilt and Freightliner will give you rush service if your truck is down for parts but on the same token their reasoning is if your not willing to pay "overnight" charges it must not be that important to you so it goes "routine handling"

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #16

I leave for Red Bay Sat for a Monday appt. to redo the 4 wheel alienment and try to fix the right pull issue. I hope it works. Also hope to have the left forward slide aliened to keep it from hitting the doors above the tv when it goes in or out. Waiting to hear what will fix the wind noise on the drivers side.

Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerc44 View Post
Check out the weep holes at the bottom of the driver side window. Mine has two. Taped over the front one. Took care of the noise on mine. Newmar Dutch Star.
Good advice. If the weep hole covers are missing, they definitely generate a wind noise while driving.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with mercerc44 and Pusherman, tape over the weep holes first- you might get lucky and find that's the source of the noise. Certainly easier than messing with the mirror if that happens to be the issue.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #19

I will tape the holes for this up coming trip even though the covers are on them. I will try almost anything.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #20

Appreciate everyone's input and glad to hear, JohnandDeb, that your experience at North Trail also has also been pleasant. I bought my coach from my neighbor who is a salesperson at North Trail so just wondered if that played a role in them being so nice.

Mercerc44...good tip on the weep holes. Will tape over them and see if helps.

Attaching a stiff cardboard sheet over the posterior part of the mirror as an air dam to see if it changes the noise will be a next step if above doesn't fix it.
Bob Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #21

My 2011 Pheaton makes the same noise from the airflow around the new mirror position but for me it's worth it. I really hated the old mirror position but it was the main reason I passed on the deeply discounted 2010 model that was available. I asked Bob why that put the old one there in the first place and he said to make it easier for them to be folded out of the way to get into tight storage spots. Not sure if airflow noise was a factor or not.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Haven't had a noise problem on the drivers side, but had one on the passenger side. Took it to Red Bay and the had to adjust the outside seal. I do think having the mirror on the side is creating more turbulence though. The driver's mirror did shake a lot however and I had them tighten it up.
SW4UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #23

Any one have a fix for the mirror whistle yet? Got out or Red Bay last week, but they had no idea as to a fix.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #24

Trade it for a Newmar (just kidding)
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you get a whilstle nosie, or a "Tornado" like roar.. Check for the optional self removing windshild option... Found a quarter inch gap between gasket and body when I last did that.. I hope I have it solved now.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #26

my 2010 phaeton qth also has the wind/whistle/rattle noise at the drivers side window (along with several other problems) been to tiffin twice. they claim no noise (and my hearing is pretty bad) i fixed the rattle noise by removing the screen but no luck with the wind/whistle .everyone there is very nice , but i have been somewhat dissapointed in correcting problems.
#1BAMAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #27

Wind Noise

Ah Ha! Success!!
North Trail RV (FL) was able to completely eliminate the wind noise issue I had on the driver's side of the coach. It's now whisper quiet! What an improvement. I didn't have an accompanying "whistle" so can't speak to that.

I dealt with Rob Sanders, an excellent service person at North Trail. They did take the coach on the road to listen to the problem and check it after they applied the fix. As I remember they tightened up the mirror and plugged the weep holes but I'll post the exact repair as written as soon as I stumble across the paperwork. I use Rob Sanders as my contact for service at North Trail and he is excellent...
Bob Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's good to read a positive update, thank you.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver side mirror, wind noise