Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #29

Please give us the fix. I will go to a dealer or more than likely do it myself. I'm so ready to make it noise free.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #30

Any more details on the fix, our unit is in for warranty work right now?

Thanks
joeanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1BAMAFAN View Post
my 2010 phaeton qth also has the wind/whistle/rattle noise at the drivers side window (along with several other problems) been to tiffin twice. they claim no noise (and my hearing is pretty bad) i fixed the rattle noise by removing the screen but no luck with the wind/whistle .everyone there is very nice , but i have been somewhat dissapointed in correcting problems.
Well, in a month I'll be hanging out in S.E. Michigan, (i'm in transit just now) Davison/St. Clair area

If they think you are hearing things.. I have some real nice digital audio recorders (Very evil grin)

Even easier solution.. You are using a laptop right.. Windows has a audio recorder built in it can read the mic (Be sure to mute your speakers first) if that won't do a long enough recording AUDICITY (Google it) will
Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #32

Sorry for the delay in responding...Have been away the past week. Here is what it stated on my repair bill in regard to the wind noise. It was really uncomfortable driving the coach with such a level of wind noise but what they did at North Trail Rv completely eliminated the problem so it is fixable!

"Complaint: guest states there is a lot of annoying noises in the side cockpit area"
"Cause: Window front edge not sealed; mirror loose"
"Correction: Took coach for test drive of 10 miles. Heard wind noise on driver side. Also noted drivers mirror is shaking. Checked drivers window for air leaks..sealed. Window drain hole covers. Also, sealed drivers window around the front edge. Remove the covers to mirror base and tightened set screws".

So there it is...I don't have any other info but I would direct their attention to the window front edge seal and also make sure the mirror is tight and doesn't offer the wind anywhere to enter. I hope this helps...
Bob Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
I almost hate to bring this up again, but.....

I am getting wind noise from the 3 defroster vents on the passenger side when my speed is at or above 60 MPH. Putting towel over the 3 vents eliminates the noise.

I haven't had time to look in the front compartment for any leaks into the HVAC system.

Has anyone experienced this noise?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #34

I leave Sun. for Tenn. so I will check the defrost vents out. Maybe some noise is from that area.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #35

Window Shimmed Problem Not Corrected

Had unit at Alpin Haus in NY for warranty work. Per work order they shimmed window per Tiffin direction.

This fix did not correct problem. Wind noise now comes down lower on window. Also replaced both mirrors (due to pitted chrome). Bottom line still have wind noise.
joeanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #36

I hate to hear that. I am still waiting for the magic fix!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #37
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerc44 View Post
Check out the weep holes at the bottom of the driver side window. Mine has two. Taped over the front one. Took care of the noise on mine. Newmar Dutch Star.

Ditto: Had this issue on this Mh and our last. Taping over the weep holes but don't press the tape into the slot and they still drain. My current MH had plastic covers over the holes and they rattled and made other noise too.
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
I noticed they drilled the weep holes completely through. Tried a wet paper towel over the holes and it stopped the noise. Now I've caulked over the holes and it fixed the problem.
SW4UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #39

Did you pull the wind deflectors off then filled all holes? Or did you fill the end of the deflectors?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault
Did you pull the wind deflectors off then filled all holes? Or did you fill the end of the deflectors?
Neither. Caulked from the inside.
SW4UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by began View Post
love our new 40ft qbh and took it on it's maiden voyage of 200 miles. Very comfortable but seemed to have an annoying wind noise on only the driver's side of the cockpit. With this year's model, i know that they moved the driver's side mirror from it's 2010 location where it extended in front of the coach to directly beside the driver's window. Is this the cause of the wind noise? Have other 2011 phaeton owners noted a similar noise? Any suggestions? Thanks.
went to the factory with same noise. Tech put in some filtering material like the round filters in your roof vents. He covered the weep holes with it from the inside under the window slide and took care of all the noise. Hope this helps
NASCARMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #42
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARMIKE View Post
went to the factory with same noise. Tech put in some filtering material like the round filters in your roof vents. He covered the weep holes with it from the inside under the window slide and took care of all the noise. Hope this helps
It makes me wonder wonder why the weep holes were put in the windows in the first place and what design flaw is being cured with the "band aid" repair they did
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver side mirror, wind noise