RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #1

DS Power Window Problem

Anyone have problems with there DS power window not fully closing ?

Solution ?

I have to slightly pull the Track / trim away from the window to reduce a slight binding. I did notice some track screws were loose and secured , unfortunately this worsened the issue.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2018, 05:33 PM   #2

When we got the 2013 new, we also had problems with the window. I too tightened the "loose" screws without helping the situation. When the factory tech's "fixed" my problem, they did so by loosening the screws. It's still as loose, but been working fine for over 85,000 miles. Counter-intuitive, but it worked for us.

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Exactly what I did, half A^^ fix but it opens and closes.
I do plan to call Tiffin Monday, This could rate with the slide floor wear.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I had an issue with the power window. Took it to the dealer and they fixed under warranty. never used it but a couple times. finally realized the switch was either mounted or wired backwards. dealer Stoltzfus in west chester pa does a great job
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I picked up our Bus, while doing the PDI, the tech specifically pointed out the loose rack and told me NOT to tighten the screws as the window will bind. Been working fine.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
When I picked up our Bus, while doing the PDI, the tech specifically pointed out the loose rack and told me NOT to tighten the screws as the window will bind. Been working fine.
+1
I tighten the screws the window became stuck. Solution Loosen to factory spec LOL
Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #7

Issues with DS power window

I too have had issues with that window. When I first picked up my new to me 2014 Allegro Bus I noticed the screws were loose. First thought was to secure the fasteners but when i did you could hear binding almost like broken glass in the track when I tried to open the window. I loosened the screws and it is working fine. My thought is that Tiffin didn't install standoffs to maintain the distance for the window to move and keep the screw tight. Only takes 4 and they cost about .10 each at the hardware store. Hell it might be on the installation drawing, but nobody is putting them in the coach.
kc10guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:16 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry but my 14 bus DS power window works fine once I cleaned the track and lubed it after purchase earlier this year.

jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, window