RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2015, 08:20 AM   #1

Electrical problem-HELP

We have a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze. Turned on the rear a/c control which ran for about 5 min then abruptly stopped. Since the we have no coach power except the microwave and kitchen outlet. Everything else is dead. I have tripped all circuit breakers inside and out to everything possible to no avail. We even switched exterior power outlets, still no power anywhere except microwave and kitchen outlet. Reset GFI also. Awnings also work. Started generator, still no coach power, except micro and kitchen outlet. Also checked fuses. HELP!

2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28'

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Go over to Tiffinrvnetwork.com and you will probably find help. I don't have a breeze so don't have any idea. Sorry. There are a lot of breeze owners over there so someone can probably help.

Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teege1 View Post
We have a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze. Turned on the rear a/c control which ran for about 5 min then abruptly stopped. Since the we have no coach power except the microwave and kitchen outlet. Everything else is dead. I have tripped all circuit breakers inside and out to everything possible to no avail. We even switched exterior power outlets, still no power anywhere except microwave and kitchen outlet. Reset GFI also. Awnings also work. Started generator, still no coach power, except micro and kitchen outlet. Also checked fuses. HELP!

Teege1
Did you check for a tripped circuit breaker on/in your converter/inverter/charger?

The 120VC power from a campground pedestal, (or from my generator), passes through the 2 120V circuit breakers on my inverter...(yours may do the same)?

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #4

Wouldn't that knock out all power including the micro and kitchen outlet if the breaker was tripped on the inverter?

Old 06-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #5

It may just be one leg trip
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teege1 View Post
Wouldn't that knock out all power including the micro and kitchen outlet if the breaker was tripped on the inverter?
Teege1
If you have more than 1 120VAC breaker on your inverter, (mine has 2), the breaker protecting the micro and kitchen outlet might not be tripped.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #7

Also, check 12volt system - house batteries and disconnect switch? Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #8

New Horizons Owners Club
Is your inverter on? That is inverting and sending the power to the micro and kit outlets? You say no other power from shore or gen.; sounds like possible transfer switch issue. Check lug tightness on xfer switch. Make sure all power is removed first when you do.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Just worked with some other people that it appeared to be the transfer switch. However, it turned out to be a bad dog bone adapter. Just saying.

Double check from the pedestal to your breaker panel with a meter and don't assume anything.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Teege1
Did you check for a tripped circuit breaker on/in your
That is how power (from the batteries) is getting to the Microwave

To the O/P.. Main breakers, also UNPLUG and search for loose scrws.

Suspects include main breakers, Transfer switch Shore cord plug and outlet,, RV Inlet

I would start by unpluging from park and chcking for power there.. Then unplug from Motor home, plug back into park and chck for power there.

Then find the next device (Transfer switch or Surge Protector) and chck there. When you go from GOOD to BAD.. The problem is between last two test points.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #11

Okay, now I am confused. Anyone want to buy a Breeze? Got all systems to work now EXCEPT the micro, kitchen outlets and the fridge that is working only on gas. Seems to be the reverse of what I had before. Have checked all breakers including the 12 volt switch. I am out of ideas!

Old 06-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #12

If you are on 50 amp one of the 110 volt legs may be out
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Teege1
Did you check for a tripped circuit breaker on/in your converter/inverter/charger?

The 120VC power from a campground pedestal, (or from my generator), passes through the 2 120V circuit breakers on my inverter...(yours may do the same)?

Mel
'96 Safari
On my allegro bus the inverter has two breakers. Power from pedestal goes through inverter to almost every circuit in the coach. Only two that it does not. Washing machine, receptacle by bed, AS mel said there are two breakers. On mine the microwave and kitchen recpecle comes off of one leg. EVerything else comes off of the other one. go to inverter both breakers should be pointed in the same direction either off or on. flip both the other way then flip back. sounds like you had a inverter breaker tripped and while messing with it you tripped or turned off the other one.

Thomas
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder if he got it fixed.

In his case I dont think it applies to the OP but it seems like the input to the inverter is a popular place to put a receptacle for a battery minder charger for the chassis batteries. In mine and I suspect others they just took a box cut the inverter power cable. ran the wires to the receptacle and then through it to the inverter. My box was not fastened down and movement broke a wire going to the inverter. It was the leg going to everything and I did not have power to most things in the MH. I did not realize there were two inputs to my inverter so i thought one side of the inverter had went out. When the service center ( my mh is on an extended warranty) told me what they found I took it home disconnected the wiring. Got a better box fastened it solidly to the floor and redid the connections. I would suggest if yours is not fastened down you do the same thing.

gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical