Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Electronics Cabinet Confusion

Hello all,

I am working the kinks out of our new but used coach and I inherited and bunch of spaghetti in my electronics. If anyone could help identify anything in the picture, please help. I am especially interested in the two cables going into the ceiling because I assume they were put in by Tiffin. Our coach is a 2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH. Any and all help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	239916
AimHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Looks mostly coax to send the satellite\DVD signal to other screen in the coach. Are they labeled?
Old 03-29-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We recently purchased a 2010 40QTH and have a similar situation. I haven't had time to dig into the electronics yet and I'm curious what you find out.

All of the larger wires are coax for audio/visual. I believe that the silver box on the right is a coax splitter/combiner. The circular thing in the back is an antenna as far as I can tell.

I intend to do a complete overhaul on ours to bring stuff up to date.
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Maybe this will help a little. On your coaches, the connections from the splitters to each TV will probably be HDMI cable all the way instead of the Cat6 cable with converters they are using now. Other than that, the connections should be similar and each coax should be labeled with Sat 1, Sat2, OTA, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AV-Schematic-1Rcvr.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	239953  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:34 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Who knows on a 2009 coach. The coax cables appear to be labeled but you are not going to have HDMI connections or splitters. You may have component connections to the TVs (5 wires, RCA plugs on ends, color coded Red, Green, Blue for video, Red, White for audio). That silver box on the wall looks like a standard coax antenna/cable splitter.

Lt.Dan's drawing is accurate for the cable/antenna inputs (right side). Your problem is the left side of the drawing which is based on HDMI outputs from the sat receiver and the bluray player.

Most important to you, if you are upgrading to modern electronics, are the coax cables from the OTA antenna and the satellite antenna. You are going to have to add new TVs and HDMI (suggest wireless) to get anything close to a "modern" system.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I understand the spliters, I'm mainly trying to identify the 2 coax cable coming from the ceiling, the rest I will just have to ohm out. I have a cable tester at home for that but when you have a March Madness crazy wife, you try to jump through hoops (no pun intended) to get the tv working. Thanks for all the inputs and the drawing.

Jerry
AimHigh is offline   Reply With Quote