Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #1

Evolution of the Breeze

Here’s a chart I put together from Tiffin’s marketing brochures for the evolution of the Breeze.

The original 28-foot prototype, the Breeze 28BR, was exhibited in November of 2009 at the annual National RV Trade Show at which it was awarded “Best of Show.”

In the spring of 2010, the assembly line for the 28BR was designed and set up and production began at the end of summer; the 28BR was first made available to the market in mid-September 2010.

The first brochure was for the 28BR, although Tiffin intended to expand the line by adding a 32-footer in mid-2011, which it did, although the 32BR didn’t appear in marketing brochures until 2012.

In the chart, the first column lists the year the models first appeared in Tiffins brochures. The second column is the model length with the number of slides in parentheses. The third column lists the engine and horsepower - there have been 3 engines used in the Breeze so far: the Navistar MF7 EPA2007 version (215 hp); the Navistar MF7 EPA2010 version (240 hp); and the Cummins ISV5 (275). The last column describes the suspension and whether the Breeze had an exhaust brake: “EB” means that is did; “IFS” means that it had independent front suspension - where that field is left blank, that model had a solid front axle.

Please let me know if you see any errors.

[Note: there was no Breeze brochure for 2018, so I used the 2017 brochure]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4351.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	223649
markulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
PKI

Thanks for that history of the model. Helpful to understand what folks are offering on the used market.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #3

the 2015 added a Res Refer,larger Inverter & 4 House batteries

2019 Newmar Dutch Star 3736, HWH Active Air
RoamingNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #4

Thanks Mark, we are in the process of shopping for a Breeze and your info is very helpful.
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #5

Thanks Mark. I bought a 2015 Breeze 32BR from a dealer last week and am waiting on the OK to come and get it as they go through it and make it right for me. I'm liking some of the features like the resid refrig, and the 4 batteries. But I sure wish I had read your post last week because in having done some research I "assumed" it had and was looking forward to the Cummings engine...silly me. didnt figure it out until these last few days and I'm loosing some sleep on the fact that I'm going to have the MaxxForce 7 engine...but others are saying it will be OK.
gsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
One would assume the Breeze model as we know it, is a thing of the past
As current Cummins in-line 6 engines would work in that chassis.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsola View Post
Thanks Mark. I bought a 2015 Breeze 32BR from a dealer last week and am waiting on the OK to come and get it as they go through it and make it right for me. *** I'm loosing some sleep on the fact that I'm going to have the MaxxForce 7 engine...but others are saying it will be OK.

You might want to check out the Breeze Owners Group on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8496...525/?ref=share
Old 04-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeinc View Post
Thanks Mark, we are in the process of shopping for a Breeze and your info is very helpful.

Glad you found it useful. You also might check out the Breeze Owners Group on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8496...525/?ref=share
Old 04-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #9

That chart is great! I just saw it for the first time, and it answered a lot of questions. Speaking of refrigerators, on the order sheets, it appears that the residential unit has been an option for a few years, but I haven't seen any propane/electric absorption unit on any Breezes since 2015 or so. Does anyone know if the propane models were actually made in the last few years?
Thanks
Unpaved Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #10

Evolution of the Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpaved Road View Post
That chart is great! I just saw it for the first time, and it answered a lot of questions. Speaking of refrigerators, on the order sheets, it appears that the residential unit has been an option for a few years, but I haven't seen any propane/electric absorption unit on any Breezes since 2015 or so. Does anyone know if the propane models were actually made in the last few years?

Thanks
[updated]

I'm told by the owner of a 2018 31BR that it was an available option on his Breeze.

Tags
breeze