Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #1

Extended vacations in an sa32

Would like your thoughts if an sa32 would work for a 3 to 4 month extended trip?
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #2

OK for 2 people and a couple of dogs. Dave
Old 12-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #3

We did 3 months in our 32CA this summer with no problems, you should be fine.
jax1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Should not be a problem. We've done 3 and 4 month trips with both our current TGA and our previous rig, a 32BA.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #5

It seems like somewhere in the 30s there is a sweet spot or range for extended stays in a variety of locations, that provides enough storage and breathing space, but also sufficient mobility and flexibility for 2 people and some limited site access, but not as many limitations as 40 to 45 feet. I'm guessing 32 to 34 or 36. I really don't want the extra length challenges or benefits. At 24 it feels like a prison cell to me.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #6

There are two areas of our 31SA that is cramped to us. One is in the bedroom and the other one is the bath area. There is nothing I could do about the bedroom, but a two slider in the bedroom rig is in our future. To help with the bath area I removed the bath door. There are two slider doors on each side of that door that we use for privacy. The bath door was always in the way when we both was trying to get ready to go somewhere.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
To help with the bath area I removed the bath door. There are two slider doors on each side of that door that we use for privacy. The bath door was always in the way when we both was trying to get ready to go somewhere.
Do I understand you correctly that there is a sliding door on the wall between the shower and the living room that will close off the rear section that includes the Bath area and the bedroom. I have been looking at the 31 SA and hope to get one but have never noticed a door there.
Mike
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:39 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Would like your thoughts if an sa32 would work for a 3 to 4 month extended trip?
I can't see why it would not work for extended trips. I current have a rig the is only 28' long and the 2 of us and a 90lb Lab are in it 5-6 moths at a time and hope to be in a Tiffin 31SA soon and be in it 6-8 month a year.
Mike
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCoke View Post
Do I understand you correctly that there is a sliding door on the wall between the shower and the living room that will close off the rear section that includes the Bath area and the bedroom. I have been looking at the 31 SA and hope to get one but have never noticed a door there.
Mike
Yes there is a sliding door (in) the wall that separates the living room from the bath area.

To anyone that opens either of these two doors make sure you lock them good or they will bang/open when you are driving.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:17 AM   #10

Talking Allegro Open Road 31SA

We have a 31SA (bought new March 2013) and have no issues with bathroom door--course, we haven't parked for more than a week or two at one time--but yes, there are TWO additional doors -- in addition to the door to the toilet and sink, there is (slider door 1) a sliding door (think 'pocket door') between liv room and hall to bathroom, shower and bedroom and (slider door 2) another sliding door that can close off the bedroom alone.
When one of us is sleeping or wants to watch tv without the other (or a different tv show than is on in the liv room), we can close BOTH sliding doors (double door sound proofing between back and front of rig in other words) and have relative quiet in whichever room we are in. (Great for sleeping in in the morning while the other person is watching tv, prepping breakfast, too.) These doors are one of the features we like best about our 2013 rig!!! (And yes, there are easy folding locks on end of each sliding door to hold door closed when traveling.)

For long stays, I bet removing the 'normal' door to the bathroom would make the living easier...as mentioned by previous poster, because: there are plenty of doors to close off the entire back for privacy. Good idea! My tall, slender husband has no issues with squeezing himself between a bathroom door and a pocket door, but I do...I might opt for just removing the bathroom door if we were going to actually LAND somewhere for months at a time.

(If you are looking at the floorplan drawing, that first sliding door is pocketed right where the living room slide meets the shower. The one in the bedroom sits up against the wall that runs between the bathroom and the bed. You can push or pull that slider door while you are still in bed, too...as long as it's unlatched from its storage lock.)
brendaadams007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:09 AM   #11

We use the pocket door for corralling Sophie during the night. Otherwise every noise she hears she heads for the doggy window.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We use the pocket door for corralling Sophie during the night. Otherwise every noise she hears she heads for the doggy window.
We thought that little window under the passenger seat was a CAT window!!

Yes, pocket door (the slider that goes all the way to the floor--only one of them does, the other is maybe 5 inches (?) shy of touching the floor) comes in handy with pets for all kinds of reasons. For instance, a cat that is throwing up now and then can be kept in the bedroom until the action ceases...keeping a sheet of plastic on top of the bed, of course. Isolates the cleanup area. OR, a cat that is driving you crazy for some reason, can be contained in the bedroom or living room and you can get some peace (and hopefully, the cat will go to sleep after dissipating some of her/his energy).
brendaadams007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #13

Can't directly comment on the SA32, but the Breeze 32 certainly would.
We've gone over 9 weeks and could have kept going much longer were it not for appointments back home.
Once you figure out infrastructure issues like mail and laundry, and if your fixed base home is taken care of, what limits the time?

Cheers, rick p
Old 01-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #14

I took a very close look at a 2013 Breeze 32 today, overpriced as I saw it, a few thou over public NADA. Low mileage, but they lived in it while building a home. Smelled ok, but a cold day, and interior was not as new looking as a 2013 ought to look.

Positives:
Really liked the size and the ccc was 3,077. Was told that despite the 4,500 towing capacity, the hitch is actually rated for 5,000 lbs.

As to the dealer's 3 page pre-delivery inspection, he agreed we could go through a more detailed one as a condition of the contract.

He could not tell me what slide system is used. It appears to be rack and pinion?

Large bay all the way across for storage. Can put a lot of low boxes in there with stuff.

Negatives:
To the right, as you go into the bedroom, the closet door was agonizingly too close to the coach for me, and I'm not heavy set.

A couple of outside storage doors were really not much useful for storage. One, in particular, is blocked off inside with only a small rectangular access to what looks like a water filter. Minimal or no room for a roller for the 240 extension cord. Looks like a tight fit to put in additional electrical circuit protection and water filtration. But room for 2 more batteries.

Minimalist closet storage.

===========
Summary, great unit for the right persons...but not me. I will have to look at a bit longer gas or used diesel unit. Kind of felt like they wanted to sell me, rather than inform me, which also kind of kills my desire to deal with them as a tiffin dealer. They kind of acted as if they never heard of any pre-deliver list of things needing to be done, beyond a handful of simple items.

Would have offered $115 to their $146 and maybe come up to $120, but my guess is they still have a loan on it. It is being sold on consignment. So, dead before I start, if I had wanted to buy it.

Tags
cat